Link: 10 reasons the Huskies can beat Alabama

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Appears John Ross III is the second coming of Julio Jones, Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley combined. We better score a lot of points since a player of his caliber that our players have never seen is going to light up our D for 4-5 TD's.:rolleyes:

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
Appears John Ross III is the second coming of Julio Jones, Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley combined. We better score a lot of points since a player of his caliber that our players have never seen is going to light up our D for 4-5 TD's.:rolleyes:
Guys, check my posting history. I don't think I've come off as unrealistic, trolling, or whatever. I've conceded on numerous occassions that you guys should beat us as you're more talented.

I simply posted in response to someone saying that he can think of three WRs that are on par or better than Ross in the SEC. That just seems rediculous, no more, no less. Ross isn't some 2 star who surprised. He was the #3 WR on the west coast when he came out, with offers from Miami, Nebraska, UDUB, Michigan, etc.

As I noted in the prediction thread, the only way we win is we get turnovers and probably a defensive or special teams TD. Ross isn't scoring 4 TDs on you guys unless something goes seriously wrong on your side. Considering that Saban is your coach, unlikely to happen....

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Guys, check my posting history. I don't think I've come off as unrealistic, trolling, or whatever. I've conceded on numerous occassions that you guys should beat us as you're more talented.

I simply posted in response to someone saying that he can think of three WRs that are on par or better than Ross in the SEC. That just seems rediculous, no more, no less.

As I noted in the prediction thread, the only way we win is we get turnovers and probably a defensive or special teams TD. Ross isn't scoring 4 TDs on you guys unless something goes seriously wrong on your side. Considering that Saban is your coach, unlikely to happen....
My comment was based on the writer including two entries for Ross in his top 10 reasons UW can beat Bama. I know Ross is a very good player but listing him twice is hyperbole IMO (or the writer did not want to change his article title to "9 reasons......).

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
NFL.com listed or top 10 pro prospects: http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000763453?campaign=tw-cf-sf48334365-sf48334365

Just FYI (yes, I know, you guys have more NFL players)

Not a bad list, but Browning shouldn't be on the list. He's Kellen Moore at best. Not a strong enough arm for the NFL and doesn't have the frame (I have no problem being honest about husky talent - I told everyone on our forums that Jake Locker was gonna be a bust in the NFL, to the chagrin of the mods and posters there (but I was right!)).

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
I like this comment from one of the ESPN guys calling the game on radio:

You spend time with this Washington team and you just look at who’s on the field and how they look coming off the bus, that defensive line – (Vita) Vea and (Greg) Gaines and (Elijah) Qualls – that looks like a premier SEC defensive line,” he said. “And that defensive backfield, now with the emergence of (Taylor) Rapp, and obviously Budda Baker being a consensus All-American and the two rangy corners (Sidney Jones and Kevin King), that is as good of a defensive backfield as Alabama will face all year, and as good of a defensive backfield in pure talent on the field as they’ve seen in an any of their runs during these SEC championships and national title runs.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/226539/espns-joe-tessitore-huskies-arent-considered-2-td-underdogs-by-those-who-look-closely/?utm_content=bufferf2794&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=710+buffer

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
No offense intended, but a lot of fb players look good coming off the bus because they ain't been hit yet.
I've said before that UW can beat Bama if we don't take them seriously ( I don't see this team not taking this game/UW seriously ) and we come out and fiddlefart around. UW has some talent. What you mostly lack ( strictly my opinion ) is the amnt of quality depth that Bama has.
I hear all about how fast the UW defense is. So are we. This is possibly the fastest front 7 we've ever had. We've also "been there" before which usually gives a bit of a mental edge.
I've said/asked this in another thread: You can play with great emotion but that lasts for only a few minutes. What are you gonna do when you come out all fired up and get hit in the mouth and can't get it going and have 50 more minutes of physical football to play?
Bama has been in these situations. We were down 21 points to Ole Miss, Down at the first part of the second half against aTm and didn't phase us. Played the most physical defense we'll see all year (other than our own) in LSU (we can argue that if you want but LSUs defense is nasty. We were down to Clemson in the NCG last year ( a lot of our players on this years team were involved in that game) against arguably the best dual threat qb in college football last year.
Again, UW can beat us but they will have to play a perfect game to do it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I like this comment from one of the ESPN guys calling the game on radio:

You spend time with this Washington team and you just look at who’s on the field and how they look coming off the bus, that defensive line – (Vita) Vea and (Greg) Gaines and (Elijah) Qualls – that looks like a premier SEC defensive line,” he said. “And that defensive backfield, now with the emergence of (Taylor) Rapp, and obviously Budda Baker being a consensus All-American and the two rangy corners (Sidney Jones and Kevin King), that is as good of a defensive backfield as Alabama will face all year, and as good of a defensive backfield in pure talent on the field as they’ve seen in an any of their runs during these SEC championships and national title runs.”
http://sports.mynorthwest.com/22653...m_sou rce=twitter.com&utm_campaign=710+buffer
Yeah, but he has picked Alabama every time that he has been asked.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It's a good thing the Tidefans posters don't play this game because the over confidence is suffocating.
Agreed.This game reminds me of when we played Miami in 92. Absolutely nobody gave us a chance. We killed them.
Washington is in the same underdog position we were in at that time.
It's time to shut up and play the game. This season, we have won the same number of national titles that Washington has.
They're an outstanding team with an outstanding coach.
We'll have to play our best to win the game.
It's really that simple.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I like Ross. I certainly havent seen a WR we've faced thats more dangerous this season in SEC play. The only i can think of that would be on that level is Reynolds at ATM. Ross is quicker and more explosive. Another thing i might add is the exact same thing I said about Elliot when we lost to OSU.. Dont get caught sleepwalking because he can break one..I'll say the same for Coleman. Very well could be a blowout win, but i wouldnt be surprised if they gave us a heck of a fight.

Last edited:
I like Ross. I certainly havent seen a WR we've faced thats more dangerous this season in SEC play. The only i can think of that would be on that level is Reynolds at ATM. Ross is quicker and more explosive. Another thing i might add is the exact same thing I said about Elliot when we lost to OSU.. Dont get caught sleepwalking because he can break one..I'll say the same for Coleman. Very well could be a blowout win, but i wouldnt be surprised if they gave us a heck of a fight.
Elliot broke one because of injury. Ragland goes out and all hell broke loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I certainly agree that UW can win this game and have said as much. Bama certainly does have to come out and play it's best game. Nothing that I've seen/heard from this team says that they are taking this game for granted. As far as us fans being over confident, I'm not gonna sit here and poor mouth my team. I certainly hope the UW fans aren't poor mouthing their team either. Both teams deserve the praise they're getting. And, y'all are right, I am certainly not gonna be on the field in any kind of capacity at all so if I seem a little bragadocious, it's ok. I'm a Bama fan. I can do that..............hahahaha.:cool:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
There's one sure-fired way for Washington to gain the respect it covets: Win!

Heck, make it a close game with the outcome in doubt deep into the 4th quarter and you'll have my respect.

Now, don't twist my words to mean something they don't. I respect what Washington has accomplished so far this year.

But on paper Alabama is the better team. Alabama has the track record, the experience of being in and winning the big games. With all respect to Peterson, Alabama has the best coach in college football today and perhaps...and I say this with some hesitation because I still think it depends on what comes over the next few years...ever.

It's not that Washington is a bad team at all. Yeah, Utah barely beat Indiana and currently Colorado is down 17-0; but those teams are no more playing in this game than are Arkansas or aTm.

Washington is a talented, well-coached team. The Huskies can beat Alabama if Alabama does not play to its standard and if Washington plays to theirs.

All reasonable Alabama fans understand this. It's not our first rodeo. 2014 is still fresh on our minds. There are players who were on that team playing Saturday. I'm sure they remember as well. The team will not be "overconfident". We fans who see a loss as possible but unlikely are not "overconfident". We know what we have. We've seen the proof of their excellence on the field. We see weaknesses in the opponent waiting to be exploited. We see weaknesses in our team and wonder if Washington can exploit them. We will soon find out.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Agreed.This game reminds me of when we played Miami in 92. Absolutely nobody gave us a chance. We killed them.
Washington is in the same underdog position we were in at that time.
It's time to shut up and play the game. This season, we have won the same number of national titles that Washington has.
They're an outstanding team with an outstanding coach.
We'll have to play our best to win the game.
It's really that simple.
i don't think there is a chance in hell that our team will get caught up in their own awesomeness like miami did in 92.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
As many have noted, UW can certainly win the game. They have a great secondary, a very good DL, a good group of skill personnel and one the most electric perimeter players I've ever seen. Ross is terrifying. They also have a badly overmatched OL, mediocre LBs and a smart, decently athletic QB, who can be rattled and whose arm nor body is strong. If all of these perceptions are correct, Bama should be able to exploit them. It appears that Bama has only one weakness which all know is the deep passing game. IMO, Alabama has more ammo and more targets at which to shoot. It will be fascinating to see how correct current perceptions are and how much intangibles and "time and chance" affect this game and which side it favors.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.