Debbie Reynolds (Carrie Fisher's mother) dies the day after her daughter...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
She was so beautiful and even more talented.... (no video icon so here's the link): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew3mtNZFrMY Recorded in 1957 (when Debbie Reynolds was 23 years old) for the film "Tammy and the Bachelor," the song earned her a gold record and was the best-selling single by a female vocalist in 1957. The song spent 23 weeks on the "Top 40" charts. It was number one for five weeks on the Billboard pop charts. The song was nominated for a "Best Song" Academy Award in 1957, but lost to "All The Way" from the film, "The Joker Is Wild." In the movie (the first of the Tammy film series, and the only one Debbie Reynolds starred in), she co-starred with Leslie Nielsen. At the time "Tammy and the Bachelor" was filmed, Debbie Reynolds was still married to Eddie Fisher. Less than a year later, Eddie Fisher began his affair with Elizabeth Taylor. Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher were divorced in 1959. In the film, as she sings the song, she's interrupted by her Aunt Renie (played by Mildred Natwick.) For this video, I deleted that part, and spliced in scenes between Debbie Reynolds and Leslie Nielsen, and overlayed the soundtrack with a clean audio. Tammy (Jay Livingston and Ray Evans) I hear the cottonwoods whisperin'' above "Tammy! Tammy! Tammy's in love!" The ole hootie owl hootie-hoos to the dove, "Tammy! Tammy! Tammy's in love!" Does my lover feel what I feel When he comes near? My heart beats so joyfully You'd think that he could hear! Wish I knew if he knew what I'm dreamin' of! Tammy! Tammy! Tammy's in love! Whippoorwill, whippoorwill, you and I know Tammy, Tammy, can't let him go! The breeze from the bayou keeps murmuring low, "Tammy, Tammy, you love him so!" When the night is warm, soft and warm I long for his charms I'd sing like a violin If I were in his arms Wish I knew if he knew what I'm dreamin' of! Tammy! Tammy! Tammy's in love!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
She was so beautiful and even more talented.... (no video icon so here's the link): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew3mtNZFrMY Recorded in 1957 (when Debbie Reynolds was 23 years old) for the film "Tammy and the Bachelor," the song earned her a gold record and was the best-selling single by a female vocalist in 1957. The song spent 23 weeks on the "Top 40" charts. It was number one for five weeks on the Billboard pop charts. The song was nominated for a "Best Song" Academy Award in 1957, but lost to "All The Way" from the film, "The Joker Is Wild." In the movie (the first of the Tammy film series, and the only one Debbie Reynolds starred in), she co-starred with Leslie Nielsen. At the time "Tammy and the Bachelor" was filmed, Debbie Reynolds was still married to Eddie Fisher. Less than a year later, Eddie Fisher began his affair with Elizabeth Taylor. Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher were divorced in 1959. In the film, as she sings the song, she's interrupted by her Aunt Renie (played by Mildred Natwick.) For this video, I deleted that part, and spliced in scenes between Debbie Reynolds and Leslie Nielsen, and overlayed the soundtrack with a clean audio. Tammy (Jay Livingston and Ray Evans) I hear the cottonwoods whisperin'' above "Tammy! Tammy! Tammy's in love!" The ole hootie owl hootie-hoos to the dove, "Tammy! Tammy! Tammy's in love!" Does my lover feel what I feel When he comes near? My heart beats so joyfully You'd think that he could hear! Wish I knew if he knew what I'm dreamin' of! Tammy! Tammy! Tammy's in love! Whippoorwill, whippoorwill, you and I know Tammy, Tammy, can't let him go! The breeze from the bayou keeps murmuring low, "Tammy, Tammy, you love him so!" When the night is warm, soft and warm I long for his charms I'd sing like a violin If I were in his arms Wish I knew if he knew what I'm dreamin' of! Tammy! Tammy! Tammy's in love!
The remarkable thing is that Fisher's actions didn't break up Debbie and Liz's friendship. Fisher had a lifelong drug problem and Carrie has written that the roles reversed as he aged and she ended up having to take care of him...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.