Arkansas TE Jeremy Sprinkle Suspended for Belk Bowl for Shoplifting from Belk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Arkansas senior tight end Jeremy Sprinkle’s suspension from the Belk Bowl is related to an alleged shoplifting incident, sources have confirmed to SEC Country.

Sprinkle was accused of attempting to shoplift items at the Belk department store at the SouthPark Mall in Charlotte on Tuesday, sources said. The Arkansas team was there as part of a function for the bowl.

Each player on both teams had 90 minutes to spend a $450 gift card at Belk on anything in the store. The players also each received a Fossil watch. Sources said Sprinkle attempted to take items worth more than the allotted cost available.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I hope that this was just some sort of miscommunication. Crazy stuff seems to happen around athletes when they have free time.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I hope that this was just some sort of miscommunication. Crazy stuff seems to happen around athletes when they have free time.
Free time? He was there with the rest of the team and tried to take more than he could buy with the $450 gift card Belk provided the players.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Free time? He was there with the rest of the team and tried to take more than he could buy with the $450 gift card Belk provided the players.
This. And man, what a crappy move. Belk says, "play in our bowl, enjoy this gift card and others gifts, shop in our store,"....

And ol boy decides he needs X too bad.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Gee, thanks for closing the store and giving us $450 to spend. Well, I think I'm entitled to spend more since Belk stores make millions.
This sounds like the same reasoning behind paying the players. Instead of being appreciative for the great situation you have, keep your hand out for more.
As someone else mentioned, I hope this was just a miscommunication about the price of an item or something. Of course, if it had been, he would more than likely be in uniform right now.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Gee, thanks for closing the store and giving us $450 to spend. Well, I think I'm entitled to spend more since Belk stores make millions.
This sounds like the same reasoning behind paying the players. Instead of being appreciative for the great situation you have, keep your hand out for more.
As someone else mentioned, I hope this was just a miscommunication about the price of an item or something. Of course, if it had been, he would more than likely be in uniform right now.
No it doesn't sound like that at all. Sounds like he tried to steal some stuff because he thought he could get away with it. No reason to paint with a broad brush and make a weak link argument to another topical issue. :D

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
No it doesn't sound like that at all. Sounds like he tried to steal some stuff because he thought he could get away with it. No reason to paint with a broad brush and make a weak link argument to another topical issue. :D
Well, sorry, but it seems very similar to me. You may disagree, but that doesn't mean you are correct or that the argument is weak. It is a situation where a person was given a very nice situation due to his athletic ability, but he apparently thought he deserved more. That, sir, is how many people see the situation concerning paying players. Some see it differently, which is fine, but a very solid argument can be made. Thank you and Roll Tide.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Well, sorry, but it seems very similar to me. You may disagree, but that doesn't mean you are correct or that the argument is weak. It is a situation where a person was given a very nice situation due to his athletic ability, but he apparently thought he deserved more. That, sir, is how many people see the situation concerning paying players. Some see it differently, which is fine, but a very solid argument can be made. Thank you and Roll Tide.

You guys are BOTH right! :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That is all that you took away from my post? :conf3:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Seemed like you were attributing it to some "free time," which clearly wasn't the cause.
Nope - I was talking about the greater issue of athletes and free time. Look at how many football players have gotten into trouble during the bowl season. Look at how many will ruin their lives in the off season. Heck, even bye weeks can be a disaster.

I have no idea what happened here, but if he was practicing football or preparing for a regular season game, chances are that this would not have happened. These kids just don't know how to handle themselves when they think that no one is looking over their shoulders.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.