Eddie Jackson, To my Brothers

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
To my brothers,

In the past four years, I’ve been blessed to accomplish a lot of the goals I set for myself when I first decided to attend Alabama. I’ve been named an All-American, I’ve won a national championship and I’ve earned my college degree. I’m really proud of all of those things, but the accomplishment that means the most to me is being voted one of your captains earlier this month.

I mean, there are … no words. I appreciate you. That’s all.

It’s a role I take seriously, so even though I won’t be on the field on Saturday, I wanted to share some thoughts and to let you all know that I’m still with you.

I’m not going to lie to you guys, the past few of months have been pretty tough.
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/eddie-jackson-alabama-football-to-my-brothers/

That's tough right there. Eddie was and still is one of my favorite players. Seeing where he started and what he grew into to me is probably the best story I have seen with Coach Saban in relation to being a player. Hope the team takes this to heart and uses it a bit. Great leader he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

smilinc

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 9, 2006
WOW... thanks Jon for posting! Eddie, you are a champion, and I love your letter. You have a very bright future, and I wish only good things for you. Thanks for the great memories! God Bless you.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I think some of these quotes should be on permanent display in the locker room.

At Alabama you’re either teaching or you’re learning — always. The reason we’re a great team has nothing to do with external pressure or anything else like that. What pushes this program to a higher level is that each of you demand the very best out of each other. If you build up your teammates, it all comes back.
What distinguishes us is not our expectation to win, but rather it’s our refusal to lose. The difference between this team and all the others isn’t just found in what happens on the field, it’s also found in how we handle our business on the sidelines.
I would give anything to be able to take the field with my brothers one more time. So when you go out there, put every bit of yourself into every single play.

Every single play.

You never know when it might be your last.

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
"When you’re on the field on Saturday, look at the man next to you. Look at how hard he’s going. If you’re not trying to match his effort and then surpass it, then you need to pick it up a notch."

Such a powerful letter by Eddie. Love it. Love Eddie and this team.

RTR!

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I started getting chills about 3/4 through. It's just example of why his teammates voted this young man as permanent captain.

Thanks You Mr. Jackson. Thank You for more than your football contribution. I hope my Son follows your example.

RTR!!!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.