The Reason Most SEC Football Programs are Failing

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Makes sense, why do you fire Mark Richt , or Les Miles. Its all reactionary management of their respective programs. But I am not a SEC homer. I only care about what Bama does. They are just members of the SEC.
I am an SEC homer. The stronger our conference is, the stronger our schedule. The stronger our schedule, the better our chances of staying in the CFP IF there were to ever be 5 (or 8) teams unbeaten team at the end of the season. I take pride in our conference and want them to win every OOC and bowl game. OK, the exception is Auburn. I place them on even keel with the Golden Domers.

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
However, there might be a time in the near future when we will need the committee to vote us in over a team with the same record as us or slightly better. I don't want all of our wins to be over teams that have gotten their tails whipped by every OOC team with a pulse. Plus, playing against strong competition during the season will only help us in the playoffs. A good SEC is good for Alabama.
This is the main reason I'm a big SEC fan. A strong SEC helps Bama, especially in the long run. So I pull for every SEC team when playing out of conference - no matter how much I may dislike a team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is the main reason I'm a big SEC fan. A strong SEC helps Bama, especially in the long run. So I pull for every SEC team when playing out of conference - no matter how much I may dislike a team.
Actually, a weak SEC helps Alabama more. Easier road to the playoff = more playoff appearances.

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
Actually, a weak SEC helps Alabama more. Easier road to the playoff = more playoff appearances.
I disagree. Playing a tough schedule makes you tough, and prepares you for the playoff. And as others have said, if a team has an equal record to us, with one loss, then the team with the stronger schedule will probably make it in.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I disagree. Playing a tough schedule makes you tough, and prepares you for the playoff. And as others have said, if a team has an equal record to us, with one loss, then the team with the stronger schedule will probably make it in.
Fair enough, but you went undefeated because of a weak SEC this year and didn't have to worry about the other stuff. We lost a game in a much tougher than usual B1G and had to sweat it out.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This. Plus poor QB play. Hurts, Eason, Bentley, Patterson and Fitzgerald will be much better in years 2 and 3.
THIS. QB play in the SEC has been bad for a few years. Look no further than Johnny Football and aTm. One person at the QB position changed that entire team. The game has evolved into a QB driven game (offensively speaking) and if if you don't have a good quarterback odds are your entire team is going to struggle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.