UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Looking forward to this fight card. Hate that Cain vs Werdum got pulled off the card. Also think Garbrandt vs Cruz will be a good one. I started watching the UFC somewhere around UFC 75. Seen every card since then. Probably my 2nd favorite sport at the moment because it's year around..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think Ronda's idol Gina Carano knew that you can't be a movie star and be a champion at the same time. I think where Carano went right and Ronda went horribly wrong is that Carano knew she didn't have that killer instinct anymore and wouldn't allow Dana to talk her into stepping back in. Now we view her loss as controversial and flukey. Going into the nunes fight we viewed Ronda the same way since holly holm has lost twice since knocking her out. Bottom line is we know Ronda doesn't have "it" anymore, but we will never know if Carano ever lost "it" or just got bored of fighting because she was so good

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Yeah, Rhonda's heart isn't in it anymore. I know she has always been a huge fan of the WWE, so maybe that is her next stop.

Sad to say, in the end Nunes probably doesn't benefit much from the win, other than she is the second UFC fighter to beat her. Until another star steps from the shadows, the women's division will be overshadowed by Rousey rather she is there or not.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think Ronda's idol Gina Carano knew that you can't be a movie star and be a champion at the same time. I think where Carano went right and Ronda went horribly wrong is that Carano knew she didn't have that killer instinct anymore and wouldn't allow Dana to talk her into stepping back in. Now we view her loss as controversial and flukey. Going into the nunes fight we viewed Ronda the same way since holly holm has lost twice since knocking her out. Bottom line is we know Ronda doesn't have "it" anymore, but we will never know if Carano ever lost "it" or just got bored of fighting because she was so good
So many times it happens too fast. You trade your passion for glory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yeah, Rhonda's heart isn't in it anymore. I know she has always been a huge fan of the WWE, so maybe that is her next stop.

Sad to say, in the end Nunes probably doesn't benefit much from the win, other than she is the second UFC fighter to beat her. Until another star steps from the shadows, the women's division will be overshadowed by Rousey rather she is there or not.
Kinda like the middle weight division. Silva's two losses to Weidman has not helped Chris other than he got the belt for beating him. The first fight is viewed as a lucky punch while Anderson was being cocky, and the second one was a bad break (no pun intended) injury that cost Anderson his career. I think Ronda needs to walk away or try to get a fight with cyborg or carano, even though she is terribly outmatched in both, because I think legendary fights are the only thing she is capable of doing unless she fights holly again. The reason I say that is because it is obvious she doesn't live MMA anymore, she just fights. The difference is one is a near religious experience (living mma) and the other is just for sport (fighting)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Rousey made a disclosed $3M last night while Nunes made $200K. Ronda will keep fighting once a year if they keep paying her a $3M purse + PPV points..

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
This was probably one of the worst Jimmy Landmine's of all time. Those who listen to the WJOX midday show know what this is.

One of the co-hosts named Jim Dunnway is the worst picker of all time, no matter the sport. If he picks your team/person you might as well put a L in the column. When he does this they call it "landmining" a team. Thankfully he refuses to pick in Bama games [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I have never seen any MMA event and would not even know of it except for the internet. I wonder if Joe Mixon would like to try punching one of these women?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I want to see Rousey go out with a bang (destroying Nunes). If I am not badly mistaken, this is her retirement fight.
No it was not her retirement fight. There has been speculation that she would retire if she lost but she has come out with a statement and hasn't said anything else in terms of her stepping down. But I do think this does her in. To me, she needs to leave the Glendale Fight Club and move over to someone like Jackson-Wink because she needs some standup help and the goof she has training her is a complete moron. If she stays at Glendale she either retires or keeps getting slaughtered.

I was up until 5:30am that night as the Rizin MMA came on at midnight and had their Open Weight Grand Prix which was pretty good too. It's the old PRIDE Fighting owners running Rizin. They have freak show fights, but during PRIDE's heyday they had more fans than the UFC did.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.