2017 Prospect: **** DT Phidarian Mathis Commits to Bama ****

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: DT Phidarian Mathis

So Mathis is headed to TCU this weekend fresh off the visit to Tuscaloosa last weekend. I doubt that we will have anymore contact with him until signing day other than a call or text message. I like our chances though it will be a tough pull from LSU. We seem to have a quicker path to playing time and have been showing a lot of love. I am hoping this is another signing day prize recruit to pull the trifecta - Mathis - Solomon - Ray.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Hoping we land Mathis. He has a great upside.

When looking at Louisiana we could end up with 5 of the top 7 players in the state if you count Moses which I am going to do, but technically he is a FLA kid since he went to IMG. That would be a rough start for Coach O with the corndog nation.

Dylan Moses
Christopher Allen
Devonta Smith
Phidarian Mathis
Todd Harris

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Tim Watts CB'd him to us a little while ago. Tim has a good track record, so hopefully we get some good news later on today!
TIFWIW, I just saw where Steve Wiltfong CB'd Mathis to us. He is the director of recruiting for 247 and has an 89% accuracy rate on his CB's and this ranks him #1 in the category.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Is there any podcast or TV of the announcement? I know he is doing it at the gravesite of a friend so don't know about a broadcast.
A bit unusual, not in any way saying that it`s inappropriate either mind you, but can`t help wondering what, if any, significance this might hold insofar as his choice is concerned (?). Nice to see that we`ve received a couple of rather " high ranking " CB`s.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

A bit unusual, not in any way saying that it`s inappropriate either mind you, but can`t help wondering what, if any, significance this might hold insofar as his choice is concerned (?). Nice to see that we`ve received a couple of rather " high ranking " CB`s.
No significance from what I have read only that they were great friends that came from the same hometown. I hope we get him because he seems like a real class act by doing this in memory of his close friend.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

My understanding - they were close friends, and the guy died from a big hit in a 2014 or 2015 football game.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Well, if he is announcing in 18 minutes then I'm officially on pins and needles for the next 24 hours

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

That would appear to be GREAT news to me!!! RTR!!! Let's get ready to rumble!!!(Michael Buffer voice...)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.