Game Thread: Official PreGame Thread Bama vs. Washington...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Good morning! The sun will be up and over the mountains soon. We're up making breakfast. A little later I'll begin to get the ribeyes ready.

Talking heads were saying Washington needs to make Alabama begin to doubt itself. puh-leeze. This team is used to overcoming adversity.

Let the Rolling begin! RTR!

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
Hey Bama fans. I'm in Atlanta now from Seattle and getting ready to head out for pregame festivities/ All the Bama fans I've ran into have been great. Lets hope for a clean, well played game with no injuries. Good luck and have safe trips home for those who are traveling.

SoDawg

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2016
Roll Tide Roll!! I guess it's about time for this... :D[/QUOTE

Go Dawgs...

I wanted to take the time to say Thank You for opening up your forum to a couple Dawg Fans. I've appreciated the fair treatment and reasonable interaction. I was asked to give my prediction for the game in another thread... and I've been thinking about it.

Here's my final take on this game. There is no doubt that Alabama should be the favorite today. The Tide are elite athletically, deep at every position and well coached. If there is a weakness, I would say it is in regards to 'pass offense' - Alabama's passing offense itself and on defending an elite passing offense. The challenge is on offense, Bama is so powerful and deep running the ball that they haven't really needed a sophisticated passing offense. On Defense, the front 7 brings so much pressure that it is VERY difficult to have time to execute a passing offense against them.

From Washington's perspective, this is a very good, but still young team at the most critical position, OL. I think the UW Defense can limit the Alabama offense to keep the game low scoring. I believe the UW offense will get some points, probably with a Ross TD. Ultimately, however, I am worried that the UW OL can protect Jake enough to pass, and can consistantly run the ball. If this is the case, then the UW Defense will eventually wear down.

So.....My HEAD thinks this will start off as a close defensive battle, perhaps even with UW taking an early lead on a big play, but eventually Alabama will pull away to a comfortable win.... 28-17.

My Heart says the OL is able to hold up, Coach Pete and team scheme and formation in order to run the ball enough, protect Browning enough to execute passing game..... look for big plays from Ross, Petis and TE Daniels....RB Coleman and UW wins a close game to shock the world on a INT for a short field. 24-21.

Go DAWGS
Prove It

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/lawyer-milloy-washington-huskies-football/

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm beginning to wonder if some of the commentators have even watched Alabama play all year. After the 10,000 opinions given you catch these simply stupid statements. I've heard Bama doesn't have the same elite running game. Jalen is one-dimensional. And my favorite, Alabama has a very weak secondary. The last one, Booger McFarland. Maybe they just need something to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think BM has been assigned the job of dissing Bama. They do work that out ahead of time...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I think BM has been assigned the job of dissing Bama. They do work that out ahead of time...
Possibly, but IMO after listening to him over a year or so he seems to dislike CNS which seems to flow to his dislike of the Alabama team. I am simply speculating that his dislike has something to do with the fact that he played at LSU before CNS arrived in Baton Rouge when LSU was pretty much a non-factor in the SEC. OTOH, Marcus Spears who played for CNS at LSU has always shown the utmost respect for CNS and Alabama. It could be something as petty as jealousy on his part that he did not get to play for some of LSU's best seasons under CNS and then CNS leaves for the NFL, IDK just speculation.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
Uggggghhhhhhh....
Mrs. ff4bama just told me we have a wedding to attend at 4:00. Seriously, who gets married on New Year's Eve in Alabama? One of em has to be a boog...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.