Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs.Washington...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
No offense to Washington, but at a certain point in the game I felt like we were playing Kiffin's first down playcalling more than the UDub defense.

Of course I'm pleased with the win, but I'm disappointed in the offensive play-calling - it felt like we won in large part because of the discrepancy in athletic talent, not due to the offensive coaching.
It was extremely vanilla. So much that I wonder if they thought the same as you. No jet sweeps, rarely went down the field but yet we kinda took it to them, just didn't keep doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
Seems like there was bad blood from the start. From not shaking hands to the interactions between the two sides the whole game. Maybe something happened during the pre-bowl games. I just hope everyone heals up, one thing for sure, whoever we play next week is going to stack the box until Jalen shows he can do better in the passing game

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Not everyone...

Just because a play works doesn't mean it was a great call.
Well if it works as designed and is successful I'd say it's a good call. I mean- it's pretty cut and dry. The goal of a call is to gain yards first and foremost so if that is achieved then I'd say it was a good call. We don't have to have that conversation about tonight's game though because either the play calling was bogus or the execution was lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think my uncle mis-heard but he thinks he be out half of the game of who ever we play. I do not think so unless it's targeting...
Nobody was called for targeting and no one was called for two PFs, so no one is out. I think what he might had heard was that Saban was pulling guys to avoid that 2nd PF...

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
We left points on the board. We hurt ourselves with penalties and dumb play calling more then what UW did on a few of our offensive possessions. That score could have been a lot worse and should have. UW was outmatched.

SoDawg

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2016
Jonathan Allen called them soft after the game. That's what everyone is up in arms about. He said, "They were soft. I dont mean that in a disrespectful way. We couldve played better."
If Jonathan Allen said that then I have very little respect for him and it reflects poorly on Alabama. I was disappointed in the end of the game...seemed like Bama got a little dirty with going after Adams knees, the blindside block on Eldrencamp. I notice that Saban booted Foster, and a couple other guys off the field - sent to locker room before the game ended. Obviously he wasn't happy.

Congrats on the Win.... went about as I suspected (I predicted 27-17) with UW Defense limiting Bama, but UW offense with too many 3 & Outs...OL unable to protect or open running lanes.

Go DAWGS

FYI... He was playing against a TR FROSH, 18 yr old that weighs 270lbs...so I would imagine as a 5th year SR he's going to be a little more developed especially since as TR FR Harris he hasn't spent time in a College Weight Program/Table yet...

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
If Jonathan Allen said that then I have very little respect for him and it reflects poorly on Alabama. I was disappointed in the end of the game...seemed like Bama got a little dirty with going after Adams knees,
Are you kidding me? Our guys were being cut block all game long and our DL was getting fed up with it and we finally retaliated. So don't talk about dirty play without mentioning that too.

Last edited:

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
Nobody was called for targeting and no one was called for two PFs, so no one is out. I think what he might had heard was that Saban was pulling guys to avoid that 2nd PF...
Is there a specific rule for sitting out a half of the next game for 2 PF's? Only reason I ask is at the end of the game one of the calls was against 2 (Brown) and 98 (??), if the 98 was supposed to be 93 what is the process of reviews/suspensions? In my opinion, the first should be overturned, and if the second was for 93, it was an even worse.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Good thing is now...you won't have the narrative of "Bama is unstoppable". This will also be huge motivation for our guys.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If Jonathan Allen said that then I have very little respect for him and it reflects poorly on Alabama. I was disappointed in the end of the game...seemed like Bama got a little dirty with going after Adams knees, the blindside block on Eldrencamp. I notice that Saban booted Foster, and a couple other guys off the field - sent to locker room before the game ended. Obviously he wasn't happy.

Congrats on the Win.... went about as I suspected (I predicted 27-17) with UW Defense limiting Bama, but UW offense with too many 3 & Outs...OL unable to protect or open running lanes.

Go DAWGS

FYI... He was playing against a TR FROSH, 18 yr old that weighs 270lbs...so I would imagine as a 5th year SR he's going to be a little more developed especially since as TR FR Harris he hasn't spent time in a College Weight Program/Table yet...
Did you hear Saban's remarks at the end of the game, referring to Washington's "cuts" on players destined for the next level? He was being polite. They weren't cuts. They were uncalled chops, like most of Washington's fouls weren't called today. That's what provided the fuel for the tussles. I don't think you'll find a very receptive audience here with that talk. Just take it back to the Washington board, where they'll listen to you...

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL

Go DAWGS

Lol he was ....ed from all the cut blocking and continued dirty play from your OL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

If you get upset over an opinion that a player had in the game, well, good luck. Washington got shut down. No matter if he thinks they played softly or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Is there a specific rule for sitting out a half of the next game for 2 PF's? Only reason I ask is at the end of the game one of the calls was against 2 (Brown) and 98 (??), if the 98 was supposed to be 93 what is the process of reviews/suspensions? In my opinion, the first should be overturned, and if the second was for 93, it was an even worse.
If it were on Allen, you may be sure the conference will sort it out and suspend him...

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Are you kidding me? Our guys were being cut block all game long and our DL was getting fed up with up and we finally retaliated. So don't talk about dirty play without mentioning that too.
Not only cut blocked but pushed and shoved after the play a lot.....a lot of cheap shots if you go back and watch and the Bama players got sick and tired of it.......

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I said in another thread that Jalen Hurts relies too much on his ability to out athlete defenders when he runs. He has to understand that teams like Washington, Clemson and tOSU can match him athletically. He also needs to understand that when a play breaks down, do whatever it takes to avoid a sack or a huge loss from trying to "juke" defenders. There is no doubt that Kiffin's game plan and play calls really put our offense at a disadvantage, but Jalen hurt us also. What we saw offensively today will not beat either Clemson or tOSU. Our defense and punter saved our bacon today, but it may not be enough on January 9.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.