Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs.Washington...

I said in another thread that Jalen Hurts relies too much on his ability to out athlete defenders when he runs. He has to understand that teams like Washington, Clemson and tOSU can match him athletically. He also needs to understand that when a play breaks down, do whatever it takes to avoid a sack or a huge loss from trying to "juke" defenders. There is no doubt that Kiffin's game plan and play calls really put our offense at a disadvantage, but Jalen hurt us also. What we saw offensively today will not beat either Clemson or tOSU. Our defense and punter saved our bacon today, but it may not be enough on January 9.
Then again, it might be. We know about Jalen's liimitattions but Kiffin truly put the offense at a disadvantage all game. Second half was better but still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Thought Jalen looked slow making any decisions and made several bad ones. Go back to simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I said in another thread that Jalen Hurts relies too much on his ability to out athlete defenders when he runs. He has to understand that teams like Washington, Clemson and tOSU can match him athletically. He also needs to understand that when a play breaks down, do whatever it takes to avoid a sack or a huge loss from trying to "juke" defenders. There is no doubt that Kiffin's game plan and play calls really put our offense at a disadvantage, but Jalen hurt us also. What we saw offensively today will not beat either Clemson or tOSU. Our defense and punter saved our bacon today, but it may not be enough on January 9.
I hate to say it, but I had the same thoughts late in the game. With another performance like today from Kiffin/Hurts, it's hard to see the hardware ending up on our shelf. This should end the "GOAT" talk, greatest defense, maybe...

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
JA got a flag for pulling the UW guy off of RF after the guy jerked him to the ground then jumped on top of him.
The refs were at fault for letting things get dirty at the end.
UW were cut blocking, chop blocking, holding, tackling the defense the whole game.
There's no excuse for the refs to be that one sided in the calls.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
JA got a flag for pulling the UW guy off of RF after the guy jerked him to the ground then jumped on top of him.
The refs were at fault for letting things get dirty at the end.
UW were cut blocking, chop blocking, holding, tackling the defense the whole game.
There's no excuse for the refs to be that one sided in the calls.
Can't like your post, but I agree...

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Happy that we will be playing for another National Championship.

I have little doubt that Allen's block on the Int return was payback for the earlier altercation, but it was clean. I know what Washington was doing, but I'm still disappointed in all the penalties at the end of the game.

I am also disappointed that Minkah returned that interception. My wife was yelling "go!, go!, go!" and I was yelling for him to go down, first in the end zone and then at every point thereafter. Once he had the ball in his hands it became a meaningless play. Someone could have got hurt and it allowed further "interaction" between the two teams.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
They got that one wrong - it was Payne, not Allen.
Yah all he did was clear the guy off Reuben and the pull Reuben up and walk him away. It got chippy and it could have gone either way. Would have been fine with off setting calls. I also don't care if Allen called Washington soft. The defense can back up those claims. They were like a hot knife through butter most of the night and held "The Best Offense We've Seen" to UNDER 200 yards total offense. The next game will present a much more significant challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
If Jonathan Allen said that then I have very little respect for him and it reflects poorly on Alabama. I was disappointed in the end of the game...seemed like Bama got a little dirty with going after Adams knees, the blindside block on Eldrencamp. I notice that Saban booted Foster, and a couple other guys off the field - sent to locker room before the game ended. Obviously he wasn't happy.

Congrats on the Win.... went about as I suspected (I predicted 27-17) with UW Defense limiting Bama, but UW offense with too many 3 & Outs...OL unable to protect or open running lanes.

Go DAWGS

FYI... He was playing against a TR FROSH, 18 yr old that weighs 270lbs...so I would imagine as a 5th year SR he's going to be a little more developed especially since as TR FR Harris he hasn't spent time in a College Weight Program/Table yet...
you would be 6-2 iin SEC play. the physicality takes its toll. but I don't expect you to understand

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Happy that we will be playing for another National Championship.

I have little doubt that Allen's block on the Int return was payback for the earlier altercation, but it was clean. I know what Washington was doing, but I'm still disappointed in all the penalties at the end of the game.

I am also disappointed that Minkah returned that interception. My wife was yelling "go!, go!, go!" and I was yelling for him to go down, first in the end zone and then at every point thereafter. Once he had the ball in his hands it became a meaningless play. Someone could have got hurt and it allowed further "interaction" between the two teams.
I thought he was trying to eat clock...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yesssssssssssssss

Happy new year guys.

No longer sober so signing off.

But is it wirth watching a rerun tomorrow?

RTR

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Worth looking at just to see what we need to correct - and to enjoy the defense. I sent you an email. I was wondering where you'd been... :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.