Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs.Washington...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
roll tide. just back from the game. our defense is sick and it was really cool watching bo go off. our o was one step forward and two steps back most of the night.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I will also say about the offense. We had some terrible penalties that killed a few great drives. I"m glad it didn't come us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The good news is this- although many will be worried about the offense in the upcoming game I'll still say that if we can avoid penalties we are incredibly potent and almost every position. Another big thing I haven't seen mentioned a ton is the the protection for Jalen was not very good. A lot plays simply weren't executed because pass protection broke down. It was yet another reason I saw to continue running the ball sans motions. Just run the counter and lay them on their behind. The result was Bo scampering for 183ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
Horrible officiating. Bad play calling by Kiffin. I think his head is already out the door. Maybe the bus left him behind again for a good reason.

The good news is this- although many will be worried about the offense in the upcoming game I'll still say that if we can avoid penalties we are incredibly potent and almost every position. Another big thing I haven't seen mentioned a ton is the the protection for Jalen was not very good. A lot plays simply weren't executed because pass protection broke down. It was yet another reason I saw to continue running the ball sans motions. Just run the counter and lay them on their behind. The result was Bo scampering for 183ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think the lay off may have affected us. Nice that things got cleaner in the second half. Good seeing us ram them. Strange that there were no jet sweeps, well, one all night.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Problem is, so much for the Stewart and Ridley hype also. I'm worried that our offense, scheme and execution now, will turn off some WR prospects...
I dunno. We've got some really unselfish guys, that's for sure. However, we've got to get better at pushing the ball down the field. I don't expect to see whole sale changes by January 9th, but that should be a major improvement area for Jalen next year.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
If Jonathan Allen said that then I have very little respect for him and it reflects poorly on Alabama. I was disappointed in the end of the game...seemed like Bama got a little dirty with going after Adams knees, the blindside block on Eldrencamp. I notice that Saban booted Foster, and a couple other guys off the field - sent to locker room before the game ended. Obviously he wasn't happy.

Congrats on the Win.... went about as I suspected (I predicted 27-17) with UW Defense limiting Bama, but UW offense with too many 3 & Outs...OL unable to protect or open running lanes.

Go DAWGS

FYI... He was playing against a TR FROSH, 18 yr old that weighs 270lbs...so I would imagine as a 5th year SR he's going to be a little more developed especially since as TR FR Harris he hasn't spent time in a College Weight Program/Table yet...
Hmm. Let's see where to start. Bo tackled out of bounds by his helmet. No penalty. Your inferior OL was tackling our DLs and your QB still got destroyed. No penalties. Your DBs and WRs were jawing the whole game. No warning nor unsportsmanlike calls made. Your OL was chop blocking our DL almost every play. Even Saban commented on it in the post game (which he NEVER does). No penalties. Again to no avail as your QB got destroyed. The fact is UW is soft. UW tried everything legal and illegal to be physical and still got owned. Petersen's teams are known for dirty play going back to his Boise days. Had an all out brawl with Oregon. Congrats on making it this far. Hope to see you in this position again next year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Problem is, so much for the Stewart and Ridley hype also. I'm worried that our offense, scheme and execution now, will turn off some WR prospects...
Thinking the same thing. We have NFL prospects that don't have a qb that can complete a simple crossing pattern or deep throw from the pocket.

I honestly don't like the direction of our offense this year...especially against more elite teams.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I wasn't watching when the 2 personal fouls were given at the end. Didn't see the replays. What happened? Were they BS calls or what?
i couldn't quite figure out everything that went on with the late penalties. the last two after the interception, the dome was so loud i couldn't figure out what went on. i think i saw foster and harrison get sent to the locker room before our last play.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
Just glad we won it, thanks to the defense. Jalen simply was not on his game today, regardless of all the kiffin blaming on here. I agree, there were a few weird calls, but that was not the reason for Jalen's problem with his performance. Also, for all those complaining about running the ball, we ran the ball 50 times today. That is a lot of hauling the rock. With that said, I would like to have seen Bo with more carries. Seems to me that UW was determined to stop Jalen from running and they did, for the most part.

SoDawg

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2016
Did you hear Saban's remarks at the end of the game, referring to Washington's "cuts" on players destined for the next level? He was being polite. They weren't cuts. They were uncalled chops, like most of Washington's fouls weren't called today. That's what provided the fuel for the tussles. I don't think you'll find a very receptive audience here with that talk. Just take it back to the Washington board, where they'll listen to you...
I didn't see any chop blocks, can you advise when these took place? I did hear the announcer note several 'holding calls that Alabama got away with ... on key runs -- the Scarborough TD Cameron was clearly holding Wooching at point of attack. Certainly not why we lost, but calls were evidently missed from both perspectives today. Obviously the 'ref's felt Alabama was out of line at the end calling 2 PF penalties on the Tide....

Foster hurt his knee on the play where 3 Alabama guys went down hitting each other... I believe a Ross reception.

Bama was the better team, It is beneath them to bad mouth their opponent, to whine about officiating. Instead Alabama could admit UW has a very good Defense and gave them a match on that side of the ball at least. I certainly admit that the Alabama DEFENSE was excellent and stuffed UW the entire night for the most part.

Congrats to the TIDE on the win.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Ugly game but did like the results. I know it had a lot of bad calls and one sided penalties but no matter what we are playing for another National Championship. Maybe the beer talking but when all is said We are living in a good time. Roll Tide!!!

Last edited:
Hmm. Let's see where to start. Bo tackled out of bounds by his helmet. No penalty. Your inferior OL was tackling our DLs and your QB still got destroyed. No penalties. Your DBs and WRs were jawing the whole game. No warning nor unsportsmanlike calls made. Your OL was chop blocking our DL almost every play. Even Saban commented on it in the post game (which he NEVER does). No penalties. Again to no avail as your QB got destroyed. The fact is UW is soft. UW tried everything legal and illegal to be physical and still got owned. Petersen's teams are known for dirty play going back to his Boise days. Had an all out brawl with Oregon. Congrats on making it this far. Hope to see you in this position again next year.
I don't. I think dirty teams should stay home.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I didn't see any chop blocks, can you advise when these took place? I did hear the announcer note several 'holding calls that Alabama got away with ... on key runs -- the Scarborough TD Cameron was clearly holding Wooching at point of attack. Certainly not why we lost, but calls were evidently missed from both perspectives today. Obviously the 'ref's felt Alabama was out of line at the end calling 2 PF penalties on the Tide....

Foster hurt his knee on the play where 3 Alabama guys went down hitting each other... I believe a Ross reception.

Bama was the better team, It is beneath them to bad mouth their opponent, to whine about officiating. Instead Alabama could admit UW has a very good Defense and gave them a match on that side of the ball at least. I certainly admit that the Alabama DEFENSE was excellent and stuffed UW the entire night for the most part.

Congrats to the TIDE on the win.
well, since your mirror is broken...

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Thinking the same thing. We have NFL prospects that don't have a qb that can complete a simple crossing pattern or deep throw from the pocket.

I honestly don't like the direction of our offense this year...especially against more elite teams.
I'm concerned too. Guys were either open or in single coverage and the most attention they got was being 'seen' running routes. It's got to be frustrating to basically just run routes all game getting cardio exercise.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.