Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs.Washington...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The entire D was ticked off. Reuben Foster after the game, "They were taking cheap shots late. If you're going to lose take it like a man."

Preach it, Reuben.

Credit to Jon Solomon's twitter feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah, the huskies started really bowing up on their last drive when we were blowing them off the line.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The next time I see a decent game called by a B1G crew on Bama or really any southern team will be my first. I'm still shaking my head over what that bunch did that came down to call the 2010 Penn State game. This was the group that massacred the OSU-Mich game (for both sides, really) and shouldn't have even sniffed a semi-final game this year for that reason alone.

And I haven't seen it mentioned, but I'm especially disappointed in Todd Blackledge's "perspective" tonight. He's always been one of my faves, and he was all too proud to point out the couple missed holds we committed but mum was the word on the tons of stuff that have already been eloquently stated in this thread.
Agree with all of the above, but SEC crews suck just as much. Officiating in college football is really bad right now.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The next time I see a decent game called by a B1G crew on Bama or really any southern team will be my first. I'm still shaking my head over what that bunch did that came down to call the 2010 Penn State game. This was the group that massacred the OSU-Mich game (for both sides, really) and shouldn't have even sniffed a semi-final game this year for that reason alone.

And I haven't seen it mentioned, but I'm especially disappointed in Todd Blackledge's "perspective" tonight. He's always been one of my faves, and he was all too proud to point out the couple missed holds we committed but mum was the word on the tons of stuff that have already been eloquently stated in this thread.
He lost me today also. He was so intent on painting the David and Goliath storyline and so hostile to Bama, he got downright silly at points...

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Well if it works as designed and is successful I'd say it's a good call. I mean- it's pretty cut and dry. The goal of a call is to gain yards first and foremost so if that is achieved then I'd say it was a good call. We don't have to have that conversation about tonight's game though because either the play calling was bogus or the execution was lacking.

That isn't the issue. The issue is Kiffin is blinded by his ego and simply refuses to admit when something isn't working, and also refuses to stick with something that is working.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Even if he is right, he is wrong. Assuming he is right, Allen said no disrespect intended, so why is he trying to make this into a story?
Well I think its kind of like that "I'm not racist, but..." transition. It could still be perceived as disrespectful whether that's the intent. Anybody with eyes in their head knows that the Husky offense was softer than an ice cream cone on a summer day. But if JA says he didn't say it I'll likely believe him until audio is released. Very likely Trent McMuffin or whatever just misheard in the ruckus of either the locker room or on field celebrations.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
He lost me today also. He was so intent on painting the David and Goliath storyline and so hostile to Bama, he got downright silly at points...
Earle, I honestly believe that aside from all of us ( Bama fans ), the rest of the civilized world is " hostile to Bama ". It`s a case of " Somebody, anybody, please beat these guys!"

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
That isn't the issue. The issue is Kiffin is blinded by his ego and simply refuses to admit when something isn't working, and also refuses to stick with something that is working.
I was replying to a very specific assertion and not referencing anything regarding Kiffin and his pros and cons of play calling.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
A great win, and our D is just spectacular. But I don't see us being able to beat either Clemson or Ohio State simply running the football. Not sure what the problem is with Jalen, maybe some of you have some insight--but our lack of a passing game is not good.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Agree with all of the above, but SEC crews suck just as much. Officiating in college football is really bad right now.
I agree reffing has taken a step back recently, but there's no way a Big 12 crew for instance would've let things get that far out of hand to one side. Washington was called for two obvious things - delay and 12 men, and then the infamous offsetting PF. Everything else was "blindfold" time. However, the further the game went the bigger their magnifying glass got on us. We watch these guys week in and week out and they don't get a short fuse unless it's warranted. I'm just stating if you go and look at bowl games involving one Southern team and a B1G crew, and there's a trend.

Totally agree. I'll be watching this going forward but he was worse than anything I saw on CBS this season and I'm not kidding about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.