JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Washington recap: Ugly win sends Bama to title game
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
December 31st, 2016 10:53 PM

Another year, another lopsided victory in a national semifinal. Back in the 1980s, Alabama chopped up the old Astroturf at Bryant-Denny Stadium and sold off squares of it as souvenirs. Alabama fans would like the same opportunity to buy a piece of Georgia Dome history, given Alabama’s […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Thanks Jess. Great stats that show what dominance Bama is showing the world. It truly is amazing. This is the 2nd game in a row that officials have let get out of hand. Those aimed at Reuben could have been career enders which is why the guys went nuts. And if there was anyone who will stick up for his boys it's Ronnie Harrison. He had the best view and he went bonkers. I know on the field of play that could be problematic but in an alley I'd sure welcome it.

I'm thinking CLK's playcalling led to the problems with the OL. THey just never got into rhythm save for the 98 yard drive which I think was where the game was essentially over. It was a statement that said we will run over you!

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
tonights offense looked like lane kifens opportunity to get even with saban. such a poorly called offensive game plan. made hurts a key cog running the ball. most of the time Jalen could not pass because he was being rushed like mad. the offensive line was out of tune all night. it is a shame such good receivers going to waste. especially ridley and stewart. have one week to get ready for a fired up Clemson team ready for the kill. we better get the offense squared away fast.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Thanks Jess. Another good review. A lot of posters on here complained about LK play calling, but the game plan was approved by CNS. Execution was the problem, not play calling.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Great read. This was the first game this year Bo played without a knee brace and he played great. I don't know about the play calling but it did seem like we would run the ball very well and then go away from it and shoot ourselves in the foot. Ref's I think played a large part in this game also. They were very quick to call delay of game even when it seemed we may have gotten the play off on time. CNS even pointed it out on the first delay penalty. CNS said at half time we wanted to run the ball in while keeping the speed of the game moving. I know you have to mix up your palys but when something is working really well, like Bo running the ball, why go away from it until they really stop it. If CLK is going to call the next game this way maybe he should just leave today and let CSS take over. RTR

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
tonights offense looked like lane kifens opportunity to get even with saban. such a poorly called offensive game plan. made hurts a key cog running the ball. most of the time Jalen could not pass because he was being rushed like mad. the offensive line was out of tune all night. it is a shame such good receivers going to waste. especially ridley and stewart. have one week to get ready for a fired up Clemson team ready for the kill. we better get the offense squared away fast.
at least in my view, almost all of our offensive woes started with the o-line. they seemed sluggish and off all night.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Hi, y'all.

Great read and great analysis. I totally agree with No. 5 in that the officiating crew lost control. Another Big 10 fail to go with the Buckeyes' face-plant.
I wonder who the refs will be for the championship game? Hopefully not from the Big 10, but if so, at least get some decent ones. You know they will be pulling for Clemson as much as they can get away with it.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It took long enough for Kiffin and Saban to hear me yelling at my TV.
RUN THE BALL...

In the second half frustration showed on the Washington guys... That's when the Cheap Shots and dirty play came out. I expected better from them.

IMO: The Officiating in that game was exceptionally bad. More than one sided. Those guys shouldn't have been in a big game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.