Don't let anyone fool you. We are the underdogs against Clemson

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
So Alabama opens up as a 6-7 point favorite against Clemson. The talking heads will be discussing Watson and Clemson all week with barely a word spoken about Alabama. Clemson and them beating the mighty Buckeyes 31-0 will be the talk all week and how Watson is the best player in the country and how this Clemson offense is unstoppable. I think Clemson will be the popular pick to win this game against Alabama among the talking heads too. In the end, I wont be shocked to see this down to around a 3 point spread by the end of this coming week. Honestly, Alabama doesn't feel like the favorites in this game. They feel like the underdog. I don't see many people giving Alabama a chance in this game outside of the Tide Nation. I bet Nick Saban will have some fun with this role. In fact, its already starting. A few ESPN analysts have already picked Clemson to win. Including Herbie and Spears.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
So Alabama opens up as a 6-7 point favorite against Clemson. The talking heads will be discussing Watson and Clemson all week with barely a word spoken about Alabama. Clemson and them beating the mighty Buckeyes 31-0 will be the talk all week and how Watson is the best player in the country and how this Clemson offense is unstoppable. I think Clemson will be the popular pick to win this game against Alabama among the talking heads too. In the end, I wont be shocked to see this down to around a 3 point spread by the end of this coming week. Honestly, Alabama doesn't feel like the favorites in this game. They feel like the underdog. I don't see many people giving Alabama a chance in this game outside of the Tide Nation. I bet Nick Saban will have some fun with this role. In fact, its already starting. A few ESPN analysts have already picked Clemson to win. Including Herbie and Spears.
no problem with people having an opinion that differs...our offense looked horrible. i can see why they think what they think

shaggy

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 21, 2001
Hoover
We need better play from our O-line, somehow have to find a passing game to provide a little balance. I wish Sark would take over play calling right now. Clemson looked better yesterday for sure.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
after watching both games I figured Clemson would be a 3 point favorite. they played with the offense and defense dominating what I believe was a overrated big ten team. I watched a great bama defense control the whole game except for the big bo run. it looked like like punting contest the whole game. it looked like the game was bigger for our offensive line, and rookie Jalen hurts in this game. he, Jalen looked like a freshman qb for the first time. I also felt lane was out to lose this one for nick saban. pitiful game plan. they were treating the huskies defense like the best ever. wont work against Clemson.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
And this is why I won't watch ESPN this week. Most analysts live in the now. I wonder how they would have been if the games were flipped and we played second. You had a lot of knee jerk reactions last night.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
We need better play from our O-line, somehow have to find a passing game to provide a little balance. I wish Sark would take over play calling right now. Clemson looked better yesterday for sure.
I waffle on this too. While we need the continuity, I am not sure Kiffin is "all in" at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Well, the point of my thread is the extra motivation that may come from it.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I waffle on this too. While we need the continuity, I am not sure Kiffin is "all in" at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know. I think Kiffin wants another ring as bad as anyone else right now. Who wouldn't? It looks so good on his resume.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I know it will be a helluva game. I am feeling some concern over Klempson after last night. But we have seen them play much worse this year and us play much better.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Based on what I saw yesterday, I would pick Clemson too. This will be the game that the offense better show up.
Totally agree. If our O plays like they did yesterday, I think Clemson may get their 2nd Nat Championship. However, I never doubt that CNS will get them improved between now and the 9th.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Agreed. Browning was much more effective than Barrett and no Zeke Elliott for Urb this time. I thought the Husky DL was very good also, better than I expected.

Can we score with Clemson next week ?
One thing nobody is pointing out is Washington was WAAAAAAAAY better than OSU. OSU would have struggled to win the East this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

Agreed. Browning was much more effective than Barrett and no Zeke Elliott for Urb this time. I thought the Husky DL was very good also, better than I expected.

Can we score with Clemson next week ?
Yeah, I think we will move the bowl in the air on the 9th this time and open things up. What I like about this game is how the defense played last season. We played poorly last year. Coach even said that and also the fact leading up to the game we practiced poorly and that it showed in the game. There will be none of that this time. Clemson has our full attention.

We all know what happens when they have our full attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Yesterday's games were an anomaly for both Bama's offense and Clemson's defense. Maybe it's the beginning of a trend, but that would be unusual. Both teams will settle toward their mean in the next game. That supports Bama being better than they showed yesterday and Clemson being worse.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.