Wow. Some Clemson fans already believe this will be an easy victory over Bama

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
IMO, Jalen is much like JT Barrett at Ohio State. Good leader, good runner, and poor passer. He will be our QB for the next three years even if he doesn't improve his passing. Tua will be our backup until his senior year.

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
IMO, Jalen is much like JT Barrett at Ohio State. Good leader, good runner, and poor passer. He will be our QB for the next three years even if he doesn't improve his passing. Tua will be our backup until his senior year.
IF he progresses, he could go pro his junior year ... giving Tua Two or three years

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think it is a bit premature to even remotely consider this new recruit coming in and threatening Hurts for the starting position. This 18 YEAR OLD kid just completed a 15 game season in the SEC that included going 12-0 during the regular season, winning the SEC championship, winning a semi final playoff game AND and dang near winning the national championship. Does anyone not think all of that experience isn't going to benefit his develop in the off season? Hurts WILL NOT be in the same place at the beginning of next season where he is now. He will be a lot more developed both mentally and physically. If Tua comes in and unseats Hurts I will be completely and utterly "shocked and awe'd".

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think it is a bit premature to even remotely consider this new recruit coming in and threatening Hurts for the starting position. This 18 YEAR OLD kid just completed a 15 game season in the SEC that included going 12-0 during the regular season, winning the SEC championship, winning a semi final playoff game AND and dang near winning the national championship. Does anyone not think all of that experience isn't going to benefit his develop in the off season? Hurts WILL NOT be in the same place at the beginning of next season where he is now. He will be a lot more developed both mentally and physically. If Tua comes in and unseats Hurts I will be completely and utterly "shocked and awe'd".
BB, he didn't do all of that. Alabama did all of that.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Jezus H Christ...fans wanted Coker over Sims two years ago, wanted anyone but Coker prior to Ole Miss, and have gone from Jalen can grow to he didn't grow fast enough in six weeks.

Last time I checked not one of you expressing an opinion here about who should do what attended even one practice much less all of them.

If any of you had been told before the season: you will go unbeaten and face Clemson in a rematch, your freshman QB will score the TD giving you a lead with 2 minutes left and it's your D against Watson - there ain't one of you here that would not have taken that and gambled the season on the D.

Not one.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
BB, he didn't do all of that. Alabama did all of that.
And he's a part of "Alabama". As much as his inexperience hurt us in the latter part of the season his athletic ability helped save our tails in Oxford. It allowed us to do things on offense that we couldn't even imagine doing with any other QB on our roster. Do you really think Bateman or Barnett would have equaled what Hurts did? If so then I would imagine Saban would have had one of them in there and not Hurts.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
People are being too hard on Jalen. Shocking, the true freshman 18 year old QB struggled against elite defenses like LSU, Washington and Clemson.

The defense let us down.
Clemson outcoached Alabama. Period. Doesn't mean we have bad coaches. Doesn't mean anything other than it happened. Our coaches did a good job all year masking our deficiencies and our team's talent made up the difference. Last night those weaknesses were exploited enough for Clemson to win the game. Putting this loss on Jalen like some are doing is beyond ridiculous. He was a true freshman. He has a lot of areas to work on but did great considering everything that was asked of him.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Clemson outcoached Alabama. Period. Doesn't mean we have bad coaches. Doesn't mean anything other than it happened. Our coaches did a good job all year masking our deficiencies and our team's talent made up the difference. Last night those weaknesses were exploited enough for Clemson to win the game. Putting this loss on Jalen like some are doing is beyond ridiculous. He was a true freshman. He has a lot of areas to work on but did great considering everything that was asked of him.
we didn't adjust at half time (especially o). with all that was going on, i don't know how much adjustment we could have made.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
And he's a part of "Alabama". As much as his inexperience hurt us in the latter part of the season his athletic ability helped save our tails in Oxford. It allowed us to do things on offense that we couldn't even imagine doing with any other QB on our roster. Do you really think Bateman or Barnett would have equaled what Hurts did? If so then I would imagine Saban would have had one of them in there and not Hurts.
My point, you probably do all of that with about 50 of the starting QBs in college football. Jalen is surrounded by talent that other QBs can only dream of.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
we didn't adjust at half time (especially o). with all that was going on, i don't know how much adjustment we could have made.
The one adjustment we HAD to make and didn't was to slow the game down - i.e. eat the clock more. Especially so after getting the TO and a 10-point lead right after half. I didn't have a big problem with the game Sark called overall (bad series with the 3 straight incompletions late in the 4th qtr notwithstanding), but I was absolutely dumbfounded that we kept going fastball on offense the whole game. Maybe if Bo S. stays in, it goes differently, but it was baffling to me.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The one adjustment we HAD to make and didn't was to slow the game down - i.e. eat the clock more. Especially so after getting the TO and a 10-point lead right after half. I didn't have a big problem with the game Sark called overall (bad series with the 3 straight incompletions late in the 4th qtr notwithstanding), but I was absolutely dumbfounded that we kept going fastball on offense the whole game. Maybe if Bo S. stays in, it goes differently, but it was baffling to me.
We were outcoached on ball control/time of possession. Even if they stop you running you run off a couple of minutes and shorten the game. Getting too conservative will get you beat, sure. Not being able to close it out with power football will get you beat just as if not more often. We have to place more of a focus on power football/clock management if we want to win these game when we have a 10 point lead in the 3rd quarter.

ETA: I just keep picturing those Saban teams at LSU and Alabama that ran off half of the 4th quarter without ever giving the ball back to the other team. That would have been great to see last night.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.