Clemson scored:
19 on Auburn
30 on Troy
26 on Ga Tech
24 IN OVERTIME on NC State
37 on FSU
35 on Wake Forest
31 on Ohio State

While Alabama's defense only allowed more than 14 points twice (two UF points were the PAT return) and never allowed 40 (One OM TD was the fumble return)......so are they now suggesting Alabama's D is WORSE than all of those listed above?

They'll be lucky to score 21 points.

We may only score 24, but that will be enough.

Hell, I'd love to score three defensive TDs and beat them 24-17 and listen for the next thirty years about how "we should have won."

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't mind Clemson folks being over confident. There's a reason why Saban/Kiffin came up with the basic plan for last night game. To lull Clemson into thinking that they could do exactly same thing, and that's playing to our strengths. let them be confident.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I hope they have lulled themselves into believing this game will only be a formality. Will make it that much harder for them when reality hits! ;)

They will be tougher to beat than Washington but Washington would have smoked Ohio State too last night! I predict another defensive score or two for our "D" and if we don't turn the ball over and give them anything it will be a double digit win for the good guys, mark it down!!

I am actually glad we had a sloppy offensive game last night instead of a blowout that it could have been had not been for shooting ourselves in the foot and poor, almost criminal officiating! Last nights game reminded me of the LSU game after having a layoff and how the offense struggled but we still won by 17.

Washington is a much better team than LSU in my opinion after watching them last night and I know they are better offensively than LSU! Yeah the defense gave up an early td to Washington but made up for it with a td of their own! Take what the defense gave up and scored back, we still win 17-0, not very much different than the 10-0 win at LSU!

For whatever reason I think the layoff has hurt Jalen both times and after the LSU game he got back his rhythm or mojo or whatever, so I am expecting a much different offensive performance against Clemson. Ohio States offense to me has been unimpressive against quality opponents except for maybe against Nebraska.

This Bama defense is faster and better equipped to deal with Deshaun Watson this season too in my opinion and Deshaun seems more apt to turnovers this year. Comparing the two semi final games by score and struggles as to who will win the championship game is a fools folly!! Florida State got run out of the stadium by Louisville and Clemson barely beat Florida State! Compare that!! ;)

I predicted Bama to beat Washington 38 to 14 somewhere on here which was 2 td's more than Bama actually scored and 1 td more than Washington scored and I admitted I had not seen Washington play this past season except for the very end of the USC game. So I missed the final margin of victory by 7 points, 24 to 17, so what? Considering Bama had an off game offensively that is not a bad prediction all things considering! I like most around the country couldn't help but compare the common opponent both Bama and Washington played this year.

In my opinion, which may end up being badly wrong, I think a Clemson and Washington game would be closer than what will happen January 9th!! ;)

31-17 Bama. Not going to buy into Clemson's best game of the year and Ohio States worst but I sure hope Clemson, their fans and the media does!! Will make it even more demoralizing and sweeter!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Note their ignorance - "they didn't impress me against Washington."

Like we didn't play 13 other games this year (and none were against SC State).

We didn't have close calls with Troy, NC State, FSU, or Va Tech, either.

Alabama has won 26 games in a row. Unless someone thinks we got lucky 26 straight times, I think a little respect is in order.
I won't be happy until we surpass the Sooners 47 consecutive wins! I could not believe a graphic that showed that Washington is 2nd behind
the Sooners in consecutive wins. The Huskies streak was in the early 1900's.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Funny thing, they could literally post the same topic on their own boards based on our "pick the score" thread... jus sayin

I don't really see either team winning easily in this one. Both are far too talented, and far too well coached. Based on what I've seen, I fully expect it to be a good old-fashion slugfest. I sure do hope I'm wrong on that, but the Clemson team I see today isn't the same Clemson team I saw against NC St, Pitt, and Troy. The loss to Pitt seems to have galvanized the team, and it seemed all season like they played to the level of their competition. In no way should we expect to receive anything but their best shot. I just hope we give them ours in return.

And so I'm not thought of as a pessimist, I think we will find a way to win. However, this is the most evenly matched I can remember us being in a championship game. I wouldn't be shocked at all if we lost a tight one late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I can see why they would say that. We can't throw the ball. Make Jalen throw and limit him like Washington did and shut our offense down. They are a complete team and #4 can make all the throws and he can run. They have a strong receiving corps and have a slasher for a RB. We are increasingly more one dimensional as teams figure out Jalen can't throw. If the defense gets tired and the game gets to a point where our D suspects the game is out of hand, it could get a little lopsided. Having said all that, I believe it will be close but I sure can't blame Clemson fans for thinking that given the sloppy offensive performance and Jalen's lack of progression at other QB spot this year.
Saying "Jalen can't throw" is downright lunacy, and frankly disrespectful. You don't win SEC offensive player of the year if you "can't throw"...

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I don't mind Clemson folks being over confident. There's a reason why Saban/Kiffin came up with the basic plan for last night game. To lull Clemson into thinking that they could do exactly same thing, and that's playing to our strengths. let them be confident.
I think Clemson is confident for a reason. They have the best QB in college football and he proved last year that we couldn't stop him. Clemson also has a defense that can put unbelievable pressure on our QB.If Bama plays Clemson like they did Washington, it's going to be a miracle if we win.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Bama will make Clemson the Buffalo Bills of CFB.

Clemson will not score 40 points against. If they do win, it will be a close. I do not care if there are any Clemson Fans that are doing a drive by on this site. Bama is better, deeper and MORE talented. The only position I would give Clemson a clear advantage is QB, and even then given Bama's defense, I'm not sure that will be an advantage Clemson will be to exploit. They are cocky because they ran through a tissue paper soft OSU defense (sorry resident OSU fan who is a good poster and I don't mean any disrespect), but wait until the plays they work at OSU, fails miserably against Bama. They won't know what to do.

Clemson does a lot of chirping for a team that prides themselves on being the underdogs. Bama has earn the right to chirp, but chooses not to, Clemson has not earn it. So to any Clemson fans reading this board, just got one thing to say, "Quiet you." Clemson will go from CU to CU later.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think Clemson is confident for a reason. They have the best QB in college football and he proved last year that we couldn't stop him. Clemson also has a defense that can put unbelievable pressure on our QB.If Bama plays Clemson like they did Washington, it's going to be a miracle if we win.
I think Pruitt is more aggressive than Kirby and far less complex. I think DW gets his points but we contain him better.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Bama doesn’t have a chance.

Last edited:

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
So basically, they want Bama?

Wonder why no one ever thought of that slogan before. Seems like the sort of thing that would instil fear and dread in an upcoming opponent, openly calling for a matchup with them.

Can't imagine that ever working out badly at all. 😎

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I hope they keep talking (rubbing hands together) looking forward to this game more and more

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Funny thing, they could literally post the same topic on their own boards based on our "pick the score" thread... jus sayin

I don't really see either team winning easily in this one.

The game against Washington certainly wasn't easy but at the end if all you seen was the score and had not watched the game a 24-7 win would look easy to most folks! To be honest I am not sure Clemson could or would have beaten Washington. But that is just my opinion. Can Clemson beat us and will it be a tough game?? Well sure! But in the end I fully expect and believe it will be another double digit win for Bama!!

Other than the Ole Miss game Bama has beaten every team we've played by double digits and even had a double digit lead very late in the game against Ole Miss in the Grove until giving up a couple scores with the subs playing. Clemson? Not so much! They are very fortunate to even make the playoff!! Could they have been sand bagging all year hoping for Bama to get the big head? If Bama does not turn the ball over, give Clemson something, Bama wins and probably by double digits! ;)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think Clemson is confident for a reason. They have the best QB in college football and he proved last year that we couldn't stop him.
He got 19 points against Auburn.

He threw the ball 53 friggin' times against Troy and had a QBR of 36.5.

He only got 26 points against Ga Tech....even Georgia's anemic offense got 27 against the Jackets (in a losing effort).

Sure, he got 500 yards against Louisville.....but LSU got nearly 400 without their best player.

They got 17 points in regulation against NC State....while Louisville got 54 against the same defense and Miami got 27.

And as far as stopping him last year....."well, he had 550 yards" - yeah, but about 150 of those came on desperation heave drives when he was desperately trying to get them back in the game and we were letting him use clock, too. (Context.....is.......everything).

And if anyone thinks the revenge factor works......shouldn't Oklahoma, who Clemson smoked, 40-06, in the Citrus Bowl have REALLY wanted to beat Clemson in the 2015 playoff?

I'm just saying......

Clemson also has a defense that can put unbelievable pressure on our QB.If Bama plays Clemson like they did Washington, it's going to be a miracle if we win.
That's true.....but we won't.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The game against Washington certainly wasn't easy but at the end if all you seen was the score and had not watched the game a 24-7 win would look easy to most folks! To be honest I am not sure Clemson could or would have beaten Washington. But that is just my opinion. Can Clemson beat us and will it be a tough game?? Well sure! But in the end I fully expect and believe it will be another double digit win for Bama!!

Other than the Ole Miss game Bama has beaten every team we've played by double digits and even had a double digit lead very late in the game against Ole Miss in the Grove until giving up a couple scores with the subs playing. Clemson? Not so much! They are very fortunate to even make the playoff!! Could they have been sand bagging all year hoping for Bama to get the big head? If Bama does not turn the ball over, give Clemson something, Bama wins and probably by double digits! ;)
Honestly, the UW game almost felt like one of the FCS games Bama plays each year. Now before any Huskies get their knickers in a bunch I'm not saying UW is an FCS school. It just seemed as if Bama was going through the motions, not executing crisply, and some just out talenting the player opposite them. The team never got in sync offensively and it showed up as a sloppy performance. That said, you could tell they felt in control from start to finish.

Something tells me we will see a different animal next week.

Feels a lot like 2011 to me. Bama was the better team but lost. Like many have said, the defense felt like they let the team down last year. They even said as much. I think they wanted the rematch more than Clemson did.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This is true, but I`d be stunned if we didn`t have a completely different game plan on O for this game. Naturally, we have to execute better on the interior O line, that`s a given. I`m sure our guys know that as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.