Wow. Some Clemson fans already believe this will be an easy victory over Bama

crawff74

Dec 19, 2016
I agree with early posters who have expressed a kind of circadian rhythm kind of thing in sports. I have been on teams that have played a lights out semi-finals game and we thought we were invincable going into the finals. Both times we got beat. I don't think Clemson will have two games in a row where they were clicking on all cylanders and I think they will be a bit over confident believe it or not. I think the fact that Alabama's offense will play a better game than the semi's will be a surprise to them as well.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Back to the subject at hand....weather!

On the local news they just said last year (2016) was the 4th highest (in Orlando) and 5th highest (in Daytona Beach) average temperature ever recorded.

Hmmmm........well I'm enjoying the weather outside right now.....this is what is known as *"football weather"!

*obligatory football content ;)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Back to the subject at hand....weather!

On the local news they just said last year (2016) was the 4th highest (in Orlando) and 5th highest (in Daytona Beach) average temperature ever recorded.

Hmmmm........well I'm enjoying the weather outside right now.....this is what is known as *"football weather"!

*obligatory football content ;)
Globally, 2016 was the third record warmth year in a row...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Another sample Clemson fan post, responding to a SI article:
Their position break down had Alabama better than Clemson at:
RB,DL,OL,LB,DB,Coach

D Line should have been a push

Their O line has given up 11 more sacks and 18 more TFL

And their secondary is trash.
Another poster thought we have had and then fired Bill Battle as HC (then rehired him as AD). Really knowledgeable fan base...

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
TBF, how many of us got REALLY confident when ohio state's QB went down and we had to play against their 3rd string a couple years ago....and we lost. I was one that thought there's no way they would have beat us.

It's easy as fans to jump to those conclusions.

I believe we will be good to go.

RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I agree with early posters who have expressed a kind of circadian rhythm kind of thing in sports. I have been on teams that have played a lights out semi-finals game and we thought we were invincable going into the finals. Both times we got beat. I don't think Clemson will have two games in a row where they were clicking on all cylanders and I think they will be a bit over confident believe it or not. I think the fact that Alabama's offense will play a better game than the semi's will be a surprise to them as well.
Like Bama 38-0 in 2015.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We gave up 3 sacks to Washington but none of them were on the OL really...you call a roll out into a blitz consistently like Kiffin did then you kinda end up with 3 1st and 10 play-action sacks.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
This is a thread from Tiger.net This guy is a homer, but he has spent some time on analysis and has some football smarts...

LINK
I just don't see Clemson scoring more than 20 points. I just have the same feeling I had Jan 1, 1993 that our D is going to shut them down.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Too late for a continuance and I doubt you "scheduled" it in the active sense. The judge scheduled it for you. A Clemson fan? :) Seriously though, it's hard to tell from message boards, which take on a personality of their own, usually reflecting the personalities of the board leaders. (ITAT = paranoia, for example) This board will be more conservative and a bit less "rah-rah" than the average Bama fan. OTOH, "Tigernet" appears to be stupidly optimistic, with practically all of them expecting a blowout. It reminds me of the Tigerdroppings crew before every annual game. It is irritating when they give no credit to the opponent at the end, but it doesn't matter. There's a reason schools like Bama have multiple NCs and schools like Clemson don't...
Nah Earle, I'm all Bama and have been here for years. Tidefans is basically an addiction at this point. I grew up in Birmingham my whole family went to Bama. I actually went to Wofford then south Carolina for law. Went to the semis with my dad for my 30th birthday.

I was just simply saying my coworkers who are Clemson fans are certainly not expecting an easy Clemson win. Though I have found way too many that are OK with the butt grabbing situation.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Nah Earle, I'm all Bama and have been here for years. Tidefans is basically an addiction at this point. I grew up in Birmingham my whole family went to Bama. I actually went to Wofford then south Carolina for law. Went to the semis with my dad for my 30th birthday.

I was just simply saying my coworkers who are Clemson fans are certainly not expecting an easy Clemson win. Though I have found way too many that are OK with the butt grabbing situation.

LOL! No, I meant the JUDGE was a Clemson fan, not you. Although, on second thought, more probably a Gamecock... :D

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
So it's absolute shut down on our side and play lights out on their side to win by 14? So many could've, would've, and should've in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
LOL! No, I meant the JUDGE was a Clemson fan, not you. Although, on second thought, more probably a Gamecock... :D
He was a gamecock. At the time it got scheduled (week after thanksgiving) I'll be honest I didn't have January 9th scheduled in my head as a no no. I always forget game is on a Monday. It was also kind of a gift to get the continuance so I had no place to argue.

I really am surprised with the defense of the butt grabbing. Make no mistake though, deep down Clemson knows what they are up against. The greatest football machine ever created in peak form. Can they beat us? Sure. However, we are the favorite for a reason and they all know it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.