Wow. Some Clemson fans already believe this will be an easy victory over Bama

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
You should have seen the plane I was on coming down from Newark this morning. There were a lot of Clemson fans on the plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Let them think that. I hope it permeates down to the football team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Exactly..I love hearing all the praise going to Clemson & how it's almost a certain Bama loss..We're in unchartered waters this far into "The Process" with folks slobbering all over another team other than Bama going into the NC Game..

That has to be lighting a fire under our Boy's backsides & will propel us into finally having a Complete Game when we dominate Clemson Monday Night with Sark controlling our offense..

MobileBama84

Scout Team
Aug 30, 2016
Daphne, AL
I'm hoping for a game in which Clemson is overconfident and we come out on all cylinders and punch them right in the mouth and take control of the whole game similar to last year's game vs Georgia. :)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Every year this nonsense happens. It's an easy thing and it works like this:

make a ridiculously outrageous prediction and look like a genius if it comes true; if it doesn't then nobody remembers anyway.

Picking Clemson over Alabama hardly qualifies as 'ridiculously outrageous,' but I watched last year's game yesterday. You hear eye-popping numbers like his 405 yards passing and 550 total yards and 40 points.

The part you don't hear is:
a) 204 of those yards were in the final 9:45 of the game
b) MOST of those yards were accumulated in desperation when
c) he trailed by deficits of 11 and 12 points
d) against a defense that got no rest at all by virtue of Drake's TD lightning bolt*
e) Hunter Renfroe ate Minkah Fitzpatrick alive.....anyone think that's gonna happen again?

Most analyses are focusing on the fact the final deficit was five points...they ignore the fact that for most of the fourth quarter the Tide had a double digit lead.....because they're selling a game.

Here's another point I don't hear much about - I thought during the game last year that Derrick Henry looked tired. Starting with the LSU game, he had 159 carries (he had only 9 in the CSU game).....and got 36 more in the Clemson game. I thought he looked tired again when I viewed it yesterday.

Clemson is getting a LOT of attention over a 31-0 blowout - the press that ranked Ohio State so highly can't exactly come out and say, "Well, we overrated Ohio State" now, can they? The press coverage is an over-reaction to TWO GAMES played back to back last weekend. If Clemson's defense is really so awesome, is it not a fair question to ask why they gave up 43 points and lost to Pitt?

Saban said twice during the game last year that the defense was NOT playing well. Shaq Lawson also spent half the tiime lining up offsides and got away with it. (I'm sure Saban brought Clemson's tendency to line up in the neutral zone to the officials' attention prior to this game).

The key to the whole thing will be turnovers. We cannot give their talented QB a short field. And I'm sure Reuben will be shadowing him, too.

* - I realize the counter-argument will be "but Clemson's defense didn't get a rest because of the onsides kick." That's true - but which team had the better defense all things being equal?

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Most analyses are focusing on the fact the final deficit was five points...they ignore the fact that for most of the fourth quarter the Tide had a double digit lead.....because they're selling a game.
This reminds me of the SEC Championship against UGA. Four points and five yards short didn't take into account that a (ridiculously) missed pass interference call in Georgia territory that, at worst, would have given us a chip shot field goal, or even a touchdown, instead of a long field goal that gets blocked and returned for a touchdown.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
A shutout is a big deal but it took some luck as well as good defense for Clemson to accomplish this. This is normally the case for shutouts..

OSU missed a couple of field goals and had the ball in scoring position a couple of other times against Clemson. Washington only crossed into Bama's side of the field two times.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
This reminds me of the SEC Championship against UGA. Four points and five yards short didn't take into account that a (ridiculously) missed pass interference call in Georgia territory that, at worst, would have given us a chip shot field goal, or even a touchdown, instead of a long field goal that gets blocked and returned for a touchdown.
More similar to Clemson, the UGA "5yds short" fails to account for the fact that we were once again trading yardage for time off the clock. Or that the defense had just made what they thought was a game winning pick and came back on the field a little flat footed. Or even that Ragland tipped that last pass, causing it to fall short and the WR to fall down catching it.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
A shutout is a big deal but it took some luck as well as good defense for Clemson to accomplish this. This is normally the case for shutouts..

OSU missed a couple of field goals and had the ball in scoring position a couple of other times against Clemson. Washington only crossed into Bama's side of the field two times.
If Ohio State didn't have to punt at 4th and goal, I don't care about their shutout. ;)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Lost in all the hub-bub is yet another narrative......we were told that with all that extra time, it would (somehow) benefit Chris Petersen. If that narrative is presumably true, why is our 17-point win so dissed? Despite the burden of the extra time, we won.

Oh btw.....

1) Clemson only held two of the six top 50 offenses they faced below their average ppg (Ohio St, Auburn)
2) Those two games also just happened to be the opener they had eight months to get ready for and the bowl game they had a month to get ready for
3) There's no extra time this time
4) Our team last year is different, theirs is mostly the same.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Lost in all the hub-bub is yet another narrative......we were told that with all that extra time, it would (somehow) benefit Chris Petersen. If that narrative is presumably true, why is our 17-point win so dissed? Despite the burden of the extra time, we won.

Oh btw.....

1) Clemson only held two of the six top 50 offenses they faced below their average ppg (Ohio St, Auburn)
2) Those two games also just happened to be the opener they had eight months to get ready for and the bowl game they had a month to get ready for
3) There's no extra time this time
4) Our team last year is different, theirs is mostly the same.
What kind of score do you see coming Selma?

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
More similar to Clemson, the UGA "5yds short" fails to account for the fact that we were once again trading yardage for time off the clock. Or that the defense had just made what they thought was a game winning pick and came back on the field a little flat footed. Or even that Ragland tipped that last pass, causing it to fall short and the WR to fall down catching it.

Mosley :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.