Wow. Some Clemson fans already believe this will be an easy victory over Bama

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Can someone please get this stuff (which will happen all week) to our boys?

RTR!

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I think it's more likely for Clemson to lay a goose egg then it is for them to shut out and/or beat Bama by multiple scores. That is unchecked delusion of grandeur by the kitty cats.

Wait till Watson is gone and they be back to making "Clemsoning" a thing again.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I didn't think Clemson fans took football seriously enough to have a forum. Learn something new everyday I guess..

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Most Alabama fans who posted here based their predictions without ever even having watched a single Washington Huskies game this year.

Most Clemson fans haven't seen Alabama play since last January.....until yesterday. They took one look at that and have now concluded it's a blowout.

Wait until they're down by 17 in the second quarter and Watson is running for his life.

Their defense gives up a lot of points to teams that score a lot of points. Yesterday was an exception. But just starting the evaluation:

Clemson barely beat Auburn, scraping out 19 points. Alabama's defense is a truckload better than Auburn.
LSU smoked Louisville and Kentucky even beat Louisville....both with greater ease than Clemson (who should have lost and would have were it not for a freshman blunder).

They've run up impressive offensive stats against sorry teams like Syracuse.

I'm going to reiterate - Clemson peaked a game too soon. We've actually not had a phenomenal offensive performance since the Vols game in terms of how it 'felt.' We plodded for a half against ATM and Auburn and three quarters against LSU.

LSU without Fournette had almost 400 yards of offense against Louisville - Clemson had about 500....oh, Clemson surrendered 568 yards and turned it over FIVE times. LSU only surrendered 220 yards from Jackson and Louisville.

FSU got 449 yards on the Tigers.

Clemson also turns the ball over about twice per game (26 on the year) and has a plus one TO (Alabama is plus eight, and most of our turnovers were one player).

They're unquestionably the second best team in the country...if we had last year's offense, I'd guarantee a stampede.

Btw - what's this 'revenge' thing??? It's not like Clemson outplayed us and lost on referee's call. I'd hope winning a title would be incentive enough for normal earthlings.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Note their ignorance - "they didn't impress me against Washington."

Like we didn't play 13 other games this year (and none were against SC State).

We didn't have close calls with Troy, NC State, FSU, or Va Tech, either.

Alabama has won 26 games in a row. Unless someone thinks we got lucky 26 straight times, I think a little respect is in order.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sample post:

I believe if we block bamas dline the game won't be close. I believe we could score 40+ of we don't shoot ourselves in the foot. Barrett is a better qb than hurts so that's nothing better they have going for them and Scarborough all we have to do is tackle him and it's a 20+ point victory

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
I can see why they would say that. We can't throw the ball. Make Jalen throw and limit him like Washington did and shut our offense down. They are a complete team and #4 can make all the throws and he can run. They have a strong receiving corps and have a slasher for a RB. We are increasingly more one dimensional as teams figure out Jalen can't throw. If the defense gets tired and the game gets to a point where our D suspects the game is out of hand, it could get a little lopsided. Having said all that, I believe it will be close but I sure can't blame Clemson fans for thinking that given the sloppy offensive performance and Jalen's lack of progression at other QB spot this year.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Honestly I think I would rather have this narrative out there in the media and with other fans than the usual narrative of "Bama should win by three touchdowns". It will potentially give our guys a type of motivation that they don't typically get to have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidjanet

Dec 17, 2012
I have gone back and watched the Clemson and Ohio St game. Ohio St had success moving the ball between the tackles with their running back. Bo and Damien should have success as well. Also Ohio St had success throwing the intermediate passes in the middle of the field as well as on the perimeter. Ohio St receivers dropped balls on critical downs to end a drive. Also Ohio St turned the ball over three times, one which State could have scored and another in their territory giving Clemson a short field. Let them Clemson fans think this game is going to be easy, I hope their team thinks the same.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Does anyone think Watson can play better than last year? I don't. Plus I really believe Allen when he says they were embarrassed by last year's CG

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.