Pick the score: Clemson vs. Alabama (National Championship Game)

I re-watched the Washington game. Take out the pre-snap penalties, phantom illegal receiver down field(completed first down pass on 3rd down and TE was pass blocking) and the delays looking at the side line and we have at least 2 more TDs. If Watson is on, we win/lose a close one, if he isn't it will be a ND type beatdown.
You saw what I saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I've changed my mind about this game now. In the beginning, I thought we might either lose or win a close one. But after more and more information has been digested, we are going to win this one in shocking fashion to everyone but those within the Tide Nation.

Alabama - 41
Clemson - 13

Get ready for a beatdown Clemson.
Alabama 31
Clemson 0
I have a stat data system which says Bama will win by 5.9

My gut tells me Clemson is not taking this game seriously. They still think they should have won last year because they were the better team just as their QB thought he was the real Heisman Trophy winner. They actually believe their D is better than ours.

Clemson will come in playing to their talent level (which is below ours, btw) and our team will come in determined to win another natty.

Alabama by 21.
I see some are predicting the return of "CLEMSONING" :biggrin: on TideFans.com

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The model worked pretty good - we DID get 31 points, which is our expected outcome.

Of course - as I noted - this model CANNOT account for things like Bo Scarborough's injury, stupid penalties, or bad officiating. It still seems to be pretty good if not infallible.

I doubt there's a Tide fan out there who thought we could possibly lose if our OFFENSE got 31 points.

It did.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I was talking to a Raiders fan at work today, and we were commiserating over the Falcons losing the Super Bowl, and I brought him here for both that prediction AND this one.

A few nuggets here:

In all sincerity, it is tough to know what to make of Clemson. Several teams on their schedule make it difficult. Can we derive any knowledge from South Carolina or Syracuse? It’s unfair to derive totally from NC State or Pitt, but it’s equally unfair to derive from Ohio State alone. They are an enigma, albeit an enigma that racks up a lot of yards and points.

Alabama has a mean points range of 29, both on offense and defense.
Clemson has a mean points range of 17-19.

EXPECTATION
I expect a lot – and I mean 2012 UGA lot – of running. Bo Scarborough does not have the miles on him that Derrick Henry had by this time last year. The ability to alter this and use Hurts for ROP and ball control offense will be critical. I fully expect Clemson to turn the ball over at least twice. Their one interception was actually BELOW what was expected last year. If the Tide can take one to the house, it will flip the momentum.

(They DID turn it over twice, but we didn't take one to the house)

Bo Scarborough averages 6.6 ypc. If he could get 20 carries and average that......the game would be ours.

Bo had 16 carries for 93 yards, although that was skewed by a 37-yard run (which would make him average 3.7). As it was, he averaged 5.8. If Bo had just four more carries at 5.8 yards per carry?? I honestly think we win. Those four carries alone would have taken about two minutes off the clock, given the defense a rest, and reduced the number of plays Clemson ran in a game they won on the last play.

Even if he averaged 3.7, the time still goes off the clock.

Alabama 31 Clemson 17

(Well, Alabama DID get 31.....)

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
^^No Kidding. I assumed it was locked. Seeing this dug up after 2 months was like ripping a band-aid off and someone pouring salt on the wound. I mean no offense but this is 14 pages of everyone being wrong.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.