Pick the score: Clemson vs. Alabama (National Championship Game)

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
34-13 Bama!

Edit: Going to be played the same as the '93 Sugar Bowl. Defense playing to win. Offense playing not to lose. May as well be the same score! :biggrin:

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My head say 35-31 Bama, but it's more 35-24 with a late td

My heart says theirs gives out at halftime and we roll to a 30-13 victory.

Last edited:

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
One more than them will do me just fine.

The D has to do what the D does.
The O has to do what the O can do.
ST just require to be = Clemsons

If we do the above I reckon we win by 10+

If not its could be squeeky close either way.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
35-31 Bama
The super bowl XIII analogy could be a good one. Actually though that game was not that close. Pittsburgh broke the game open after several Dallas mistakes(Jackie Smith's drop of a sure TD in the endzone and Randy White's fumble on special teams) and actually led 35-17 at one point. Dallas frantically got two TD's late to make it look close. IF our guys execute on O, I really think the same type of scenario could play out in our favor Monday night.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As I said in the thread that was closed, on the surface Alabama is about 7 points better than Clemson. That said, I think that Alabama will destroy Clemson. Right now I am thinking something on the order of:

Alabama 37
Clemson 17

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Another classic. Our defense and running game carry the day, along with a big play or two over the top to OJ, Ridley, or Ardarius..

Bama 27 Clemson 25

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Can we score 30+ points without Hurts making big throws down the field though? I guess we can if we score on D again and the run game is 100% on point. But I just have a feeling that if Hurts has another subpar game throwing the ball, we'll struggle to score 21-24 points against Clemson.

Our defense is going to have to play its best game of the season for us to win. Which is possible.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think it'll be a low scoring affair. I think our D will somewhat limit Clemson's ability to move the ball and score lots of points.

Unless we have a huge turnaround on offense, I don't know if we score our regular season avarge of almost 40 points.

My prediction for who might be the "star" of the game just might be Adam Griffith. How ironic might it be in his up and down career that the NC game swings on him nailing 2 or 3 key field goals?

Today, I'm thinking:

Bama 23 (2 tds and 3 AG fgs)

Clemson 17

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Clemson is COCKY right now. They think they have this and it's just preordained to be gifted to them. All the talking heads will pick them and all the praise will go towards Watson being the giant killer.

Our defense is not going to like hearing this all week. It's going to make them MAD.....you don't want to make this bunch mad.

Bama 37 (2 Off Scores, 3 FG's, 2 NOT's)
Clem 16

Oh and I hope that 2nd NOT is a Pick 6 towards the end and it's one of our guys with a little 'personality' like Harrison....and that when he scores he turns around and 'shoots a bow and arrow'.......so sick of Watson's antics. Might not be 'classy' but I want to really stick it to these arrogant so and so's.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Clemson is COCKY right now. They think they have this and it's just preordained to be gifted to them. All the talking heads will pick them and all the praise will go towards Watson being the giant killer.

Our defense is not going to like hearing this all week. It's going to make them MAD.....you don't want to make this bunch mad.

Bama 37 (2 Off Scores, 3 FG's, 2 NOT's)
Clem 16

Oh and I hope that 2nd NOT is a Pick 6 towards the end and it's one of our guys with a little 'personality' like Harrison....and that when he scores he turns around and 'shoots a bow and arrow'.......so sick of Watson's antics. Might not be 'classy' but I want to really stick it to these arrogant so and so's.
If we get 2 NOTS, I'd be shocked if we don't win.

I like your score better than mine...just hope the O can get it turned around and generate some points!!!

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
Bama 30
Clemson 14

Clemson's defense is solid, especially up front, but our defense is more well rounded due to our DB play. I don't see Clemson holding your offense to 17 like ours.

Also, Watson has been more careless with the ball this year. You picked off one of the most accurate QBs in the country (Browning) and rattled him, so I expect more of the same with Watson. Watson will probably turn the ball over at least twice.

But please beat them badly. We have an outside chance at #2!!

Bama 30
Clemson 14

Clemson's defense is solid, especially up front, but our defense is more well rounded due to our DB play. I don't see Clemson holding your offense to 17 like ours.

Also, Watson has been more careless with the ball this year. You picked off one of the most accurate QBs in the country (Browning) and rattled him, so I expect more of the same with Watson. Watson will probably turn the ball over at least twice.

But please beat them badly. We have an outside chance at #2!!
HL, I hope you are right. This defense is special. I think Pruitt has a plan for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
This has the makings of another classic down to the wire rematch... for that reason I have a gut feeling it won't be.

Here is my pre-post game analysis.

Jalen finally has the passing game we've been waiting for. 300+ yards passing, 2TD's, another 50+ on the ground with 1 TD. offensive MVP.

Ridley and Stewart go over 100 receiving

Bo is solid again with 100+ yards and 2 TD's

Allen plays like a man possessed in his final game at the capstone. 3 sack's, fumble recovery, harasses Watson all night, defensive MVP

7 sacks total

Watson is hit all night and throws 3 picks with 1 going back for 6! Held to less than 240 yards through the air and one early td.

Bama 45
Clemson 13
RTR! We solidify ourselves as one of the greatest teams in ncaa history

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.