Pick the score: Clemson vs. Alabama (National Championship Game)

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
This defense is something special. I don't see them putting 20 points up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Hope you're right, but Bama only faced three passing qbs similar to Watson & 2 of them passed for 400 or more yards. Watson is better than any of those and Clemson WRs are best Bama's seen this year. Tigers running game is average though, so maybe Tide can focus on pass D.

Hope you're right, but Bama only faced three passing qbs similar to Watson & 2 of them passed for 400 or more yards. Watson is better than any of those and Clemson WRs are best Bama's seen this year. Tigers running game is average though, so maybe Tide can focus on pass D.
I'm glad then that Bama was up so much in those games.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I am so confident in Bama's DEFENSE!

Alabama Crimson Tide 3 or 3 + 10 or 3 + 20 or 3 + 30 or 3 + 40.
Clemson's version of Tigers 2 or 2 + 8 or 2+ 8 + 3

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
31-21 in a bad way. I'm an eternal pessimist.
I also have a bad gut feeling about this one. The D will be the D and perform tremendously. However, with new OC a week before the game may be a problem. If he had taken over immediately after Kiffin got the FAU job, I would feel a lot better about our O. I think we run it a lot more which will reduce the time Clemson has on offense which will be a good thing.

Hopefully, we win although I think it may go the other way -- 35-32. Of course, I totally hope I'm wrong. It could very well be an anomaly that the O played so poorly against Wash. I do hope so.

Last edited:

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I also have a bad gut feeling about this one. The D will be the D and perform tremendously. However, with new OC a week before the game may be a problem. If he had taken over immediately after Kiffin got the FAU job, I would feel a lot better about our O. I think we run it a lot more which will reduce the time Clemson has on offense which will be a good thing.

Hopefully, we win although I think it may go the other way -- 35-32. Of course, I totally hope I'm wrong. It could very well be an anomaly that the O played so poorly against Wash. I do hope so.
When I have a bad gut feeling I take a laxative. It generally works.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
After all the chips have fallen where they may, and much careful consideration, I'll pick..
Bama 38
Clemson 17
And no BBQ sauce to go with this one with your crow. I was at the game Saturday and the offense seemed tight. The place erupted when the defense made an interception or a big sack.

You have pulled some goodies from your bag of tricks this year. I am not one to doubt you.

RTR

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I'm calling 35-31 Bama.

However, it will be crucial for the D to get off the field on 3rd downs and for our O to have some sustained drives.

Probably going to need 1-2 NOTs to win this thing.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

:eek2:

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Looking at the stats for both this season and 2015...

On offense we have scored 70 more points this season than we scored last season going into the Championship Game. On defense we have given up 27 LESS points than we did at this point last season. That is a delta of 97 points, when comparing to the 2015 team at this same point. That is amazing...to say the least.

Now for Clemson...their offense has scored 16 points more this season than at this point last season. On the other side of the ball, their defense has given up 41 less points than last season. So that is a total of 57 points.

All of that tells me that as far as points go, Alabama is "more better" than Clemson when comparing to last year's teams...who were by all accounts fairly equal in the game. I also see that for the first time I can remember, Alabama is 10-4 against the spread. As good as we have been over the past decade, we've actually struggled to cover. The stats laid out here tell me that there is a very good chance Alabama covers the -7 point spread.

Alabama - 27
Clemson - 14

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
This defense is something special. I don't see them putting 20 points up.

The first two drives by Clemson will tell that tale. Our D seems to give up early TD's before settling in at times. If we hold Clemson scoreless on their first two drives, or at the very least, hold them to a single FG on their first two drives, then watch out because it'll be a long game for Clemson's offense and at that point, yeah, I could see them struggling to get 17, much less 20.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.