Pick the score: Clemson vs. Alabama (National Championship Game)

The first two drives by Clemson will tell that tale. Our D seems to give up early TD's before settling in at times. If we hold Clemson scoreless on their first two drives, or at the very least, hold them to a single FG on their first two drives, then watch out because it'll be a long game for Clemson's offense and at that point, yeah, I could see them struggling to get 17, much less 20.
Yeah, I have noticed that. They'll be throwing everything at the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Yep, Clemson will open up throwing against us. I suspect we'll see 12 throws compared to 3 runs within their first 15 plays. They are going to try to TKO our defense early. Which might be a mistake on their part coming out uber aggressive like I think they will.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I picked Bama 23 Clemson 17 before the news broke about Sark taking over. Today I read that Calvin Ridley says things are running smoother in practice so I'm feeling better about it as the week wears on.

What I hope will happen is that Sark opens up the passing game a little more. I think it'll take more balance than we had last week against Washington. Even if JH throw an INT by being more aggressive, our D can handle it. But if JH gets some early confidence, our offense will be able to score more points than what I thought after last week. I won't change my predicition, but I'm feeling more confident everyday, FWIW.

wumarshall82

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 13, 2016
Welcome! Bama just got a huge shot in the arm with Sarkisian. They will play very well offensively. I predict

Bama 38
Clemson 27

Be glad to talk more in depth about it. I'll even provide the drinks. Hope you like OJ.
LOL.

I told some people this week that I hope the coaching staff remembers that Howard is still on the team. Isn't he a 8th year senior now?? Feel like he has been there FOREVER.

I think Clemson will load the box to hopefully slow the run down (which they did pretty well last year) and see if Hurts can beat them passing. Coker played a very good game last year hitting deep targets. I was surprised with how well he threw the ball actually.. I imagine hurts can sling the ball if given the opportunity. Fortunately our dbs go man all the time and aren't afraid of being on an island.

Last edited:

JustinT256

1st Team
Sep 21, 2015
Dayton, Ohio
LOL.

I told some people this week that I hope the coaching staff remembers that Howard is still on the team. Isn't he a 8th year senior now?? Feel like he has been there FOREVER.

I think Clemson will load the box to hopefully slow the run down (which they did pretty well last year) and see if Hurts can beat them passing. Coker played a very good game last year hitting deep targets. I was surprised with how well he threw the ball actually.. I imagine hurts can sling the ball if given the opportunity. Fortunately our dbs go man all the time and aren't afraid of being on an island.
This has been everybody's gameplan all year. It's not as simple as just loading the box, and I hope that's what Clemson tries to do.

wumarshall82

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 13, 2016
LSU did a decent job but their offense was pathetic. Clemson will do more than feed the ball to a hurt running back all game and hope for the best.

We can agree that both teams will face the best teams they have played all year Monday.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Well it's finally here, game #15.

Bama has a chance to make history. Another title, Coach tying Bear, first team to go 15-0 in one season, first #1 team to actually win the playoff title, and probably some other firsts.

I learned long ago from guys with many rings of life experience say "defense wins championships." I got to learn first hand about that adage in 1992 when Bama had no chance. Many Bama elders were telling me Miami didn't have a chance. A young me had my doubts but decades later I've seen it proven over and over and over again. Monday, I'm going with that belief as I watch Bama win again in the most incredible run of dominance in college football history. Even if they lose this has been incredible to witness and it's been an honor I've enjoyed immensely.

Bama 34
Clemson 17

Roll Tide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/3122840/deshaun-watson

Watson's game by game stats

The more he has to throw -- the worse they do.....pretty simple what to do.

Shut down Gallman and the running game -- and make the "best" player in college football beat you for four quarters with his arm. I just don't think he can do it against the defense, this line, this secondary. Let him throw 70 times....I like our chances.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.