Pick the score: Clemson vs. Alabama (National Championship Game)

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
As I said in the thread that was closed, on the surface Alabama is about 7 points better than Clemson. That said, I think that Alabama will destroy Clemson. Right now I am thinking something on the order of:

Alabama 37
Clemson 17
I agree with you B1GTide ... if the Oline brings their A game, I think Bama runs away with it. BUT they are going to have to bring their A game for this to work. Clemson will move the ball, just don't think they will have a lot of success scoring, especially if the front 4-7 are able to get to Watson early on in the game.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I picked Bama over Washington 27-17 and missed by a little, giving UW a little more credit than they deserved. Still a very good team, but not quite as good as I thought. I think Clemson's a little bit better than Washington. Not much, but enough for me to keep that same score prediction.

Bama over the Tigers 27-17.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Reuben Foster picks off Clemson's two point conversion attempt with 11 seconds left in the game...

Alabama 27 Clemson 25

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
It's simple enough, if we play like we did in '92 against Miami -- Big Bad Defense, Game management offense -- which is dead simple for us, we win going away by pretty much a similar score. Yeah, Watson is a real QB unlike whatshisname but we should win this somewhere in the realm of 34-17. No reason we don't. Sorry, I just don't buy it. Roll Tide and quit sniveling :)

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
First, Clemson hasn't faced a defense like this Bama defense, and I expect they'll make life hard on Deshaun Watson all game.

Second, our offense in the semi-final against the Huskies was vanilla because we didn't need to do much else. Jalen could have made plays, he simply didn't have to. I think he's capable, and he'll be ready....that's IF they can stop our running game, and I'm not sure they can.

Bama-37
Tiggers- 17

wumarshall82

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 13, 2016
Hey everyone. Clemson guy here so I wanted to make that announcement upfront.

I always enjoy browsing through prediction threads on opposing fans message boards because they never seem to lose and they are always winning by 2-3 scores (just like OSU had it).

Clemson has faced some pretty stiff competition and OSU had the #3 ranked defense and their offense was averaging close to 500ypg/42.5pts per game/245 rushing yards, ect..

I was in PHX last year and your fans were all class from the ones I encountered there. Should be a great game!

Clemson wins 35-21 with Hurts throwing for 96 yards :cool: (i had to)

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think OSU was really strong in the back seven but weak on the defensive front. Their defensive rankings was kinda like fool's gold as were some of our 2012-2014 units that weren't really adapted to the change in philosophy.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I have a hard time believing Klempson will score 24 points, and also a hard time believing we won't score at least 24 points.
I could see them scoring 24 or more points...our chances of winning go down precipitously the further past 20 they get in my opinion.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I could see them scoring 24 or more points...our chances of winning go down precipitously the further past 20 they get in my opinion.
Going into the game last year I didn't see them scoring over 24 on us - barring turnovers and short field situations. Given how accurate my prediction was on that one I am not even going to try this year. I don't care if we win 52-0, 52-50 or 10-7 - just as long as we win!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I always enjoy browsing through prediction threads on opposing fans message boards because they never seem to lose and they are always winning by 2-3 scores (just like OSU had it).

Clemson has faced some pretty stiff competition and OSU had the #3 ranked defense and their offense was averaging close to 500ypg/42.5pts per game/245 rushing yards, ect..

I was in PHX last year and your fans were all class from the ones I encountered there. Should be a great game!

Welcome wumarshall82, I think the best two teams are playing in the championship this year so it should be a great game.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

Welcome! Bama just got a huge shot in the arm with Sarkisian. They will play very well offensively. I predict

Bama 38
Clemson 27

Be glad to talk more in depth about it. I'll even provide the drinks. Hope you like OJ.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Going into the game last year I didn't see them scoring over 24 on us - barring turnovers and short field situations. Given how accurate my prediction was on that one I am not even going to try this year. I don't care if we win 52-0, 52-50 or 10-7 - just as long as we win!
My point with that post was sorta that I don't think we're in the same offensive groove we were in from the '15 LSU game through the CFPCG that year. We're not going to do well in a game where we need to keep pace with scores. We're not consistently hitting the big pass plays like we were down the stretch in 2015...we need to rough Clemson up a bit or hit some big plays early and see if we can get them on tilt with their offensive playcalling.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
I think we turn our QB loose in this game sort of like we finally turned our "game manager" loose on another bunch of Tigers in 2011 and he did pretty good at loosening them up. Bring Jalen out rolling and throwing aggressively and rely on those "Bad Men" on the D side of the ball to make up for any of his mistakes and I think the results will be similar--sans the shutout--CU (really DW) too good to be shutout completely. I see it being about a 24-13 game as the good guys bring home the Tigger Skin Rug!
Roll Tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.