Pick the score: Clemson vs. Alabama (National Championship Game)

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I hope you all had a wonderful New Year. That being said. Here we are yet again. Another shot at a national championship. The 5th in 8 seasons. Going against Clemson again no less. There are a few good story lines heading into this game. We have a chance at history as the first team to ever go 15-0. The roles from last year are reversed meaning Clemson was 14-0, and we were trying to ruin their perfect season. Will Jalen have time to throw? Will Kiffin call a much different game than we saw yesterday? How well will we contain Watson?

Just a lot of fun talking points leading up to the game, and I know most will look at how well Clemson played vs. how our offense struggled and will pick Clemson to win. I just think our defense will carry this team to another national championship. We will be more balanced on offense, and our defense will be able to shut down Watson enough for us to get the w. I think Clemson would have to score 25+ to beat us, and I don't see our defense allowing that to happen. It will be low scoring, but #17 will be heading our way January 9th.

Bama wins 24-20

Last edited:

davidjanet

Dec 17, 2012
After going back and studying both semifinal games. First the Clemson and Ohio St game. Ohio St had success moving the ball between the tackles with their running back. Bo and Damien should have success as well. Also Ohio St had success throwing the intermediate passes in the middle of the field as well as on the perimeter. Ohio St receivers dropped several balls on critical downs to end a drive. Also Ohio St turned the ball over three times, one which State could have scored and another in their territory giving Clemson a short field. Watson needs to be contained in the pocket and he has two favorite receivers in Leggit and Williams. Clemson will want to stretch the field down the side but we have a better secondary then Ohio St and Clemson. Our o-line may not be on par with Clemson's and our defense should gives Clemson line a difficult time. But Clemson's d'line will give our o'line a lot to deal with. Our srecial teams is better than Clemson, Ohio St ran the ball well on kick-offs. We have a better punter. Our linebackers and secondary is better than Clemson's.

I think the score will be close Clemson 13 Alabama 20.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Bama comes out fired up to show we are the best team in the country with the best defense of all time. We may not shut them down completely but it will be enough. Offense explodes and lives up to potential. We win 38-17. Like some others, I can never pick against bama. It is why I don't bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The thing that scares me is that Ohio State and Alabama are in a very similar offensive identity situation this year and Clemson absolutely ate them up. Ohio State's D was able to force a decent number of stops but they were getting no help (actually straight up receiving harm) from their offense.

We're probably going to need a defensive performance for the ages and turnover-free ball on offense to win this game.

I'm going to say 28-17 Alabama w/ at least one non-offensive score and maybe some more setup by returns and takeaways...but I could see this game going sideways for us if we have another day on offense like yesterday.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
This game will solidify this team and most notably this defense as the BEST EVER. With that being said, special teams and defense will be the difference. A blocked punt/FG and a pick-6 will be enough for us to lift that trophy once again.

Bama 28
Clemson 7

"Roll Tide"

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
For all the people talking about what Clemson did to OSU yesterday and thinking we won't be able to move the ball much less score, Troy ran for 140+ on them, FSU ran for 163 and Louisville ran for 260+. I'd be willing to bet Troy's O-line and RB's couldn't sniff our scout team much less the field on Saturday if they were wearing Crimson. Our O-line is also equal or better than the O-line of FSU or Louisville.

For those who point to the fact Clemson put up 40 on us last year, yes they did... However, the last 13 points we were in prevent keeping the ball in front of us and Clemson took advantage as a good team will do. In reality, they scored 27 points. Our defense is faster than last year and IMO better designed to stop the Clemson attack.

As I look at it, we will be able to run the ball and eat clock. (Assuming Lane remembers to RUN THE DANG BALL!!!) We don't need Jalen to put up the numbers Coker did last year. Protect the ball and we will put up 24-30 points.) Our defense has surrendered 15 TD's all season. Six of them were either setup by a turnover or were in garbage time. Two were off of big pass plays and the other 7 were on legit drives. I believe Nick and Lane will design a game plan that really prevents Jalen from turning the ball over. I just don't see Clemson getting some combo of more than 2 or 3 big plays/sustained drives. Clemson is also prone to turning the ball over.

Therefore, assuming Jalen protects the ball and we win the turnover battle (or tie it 0-0) we win 27-20.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.