Kiffin gone for Championship Game - new OC Sark will calls plays

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
i think if you just remove the confusion from our uw game offensive performance, we put at least 14 more points on the board.
Let's look at the pre-snap offensive penalties:

Opening drive

2nd and 10 at UA 19 - false start by Jonah Williams

Drive result - punt

Third drive (after UW fumble)

3rd and 1 at UW 19 with 1:00 left in 1st QTR - false start by Gehrig Dieter
Bama then calls TO with :37 left in the first and then runs the Stewart handoff play that no one liked

Drive result - field goal

Seventh drive (start of second half)

3rd and 12 at UW 44 - delay of game
*Play came after the Miler Forristall illegal man down field penalty after Jalen completed a pass to Deiter at UW 21*

Drive result - punt

Eighth drive

3rd and 20 at UA 38 - delay of game

Drive result - punt

Those are just the four pre-snap offensive penalties. I see the second one attributing to the FG instead of getting a TD to go up 14-7.

The penalty on Miller looks really bad because that took Bama from 1st and 10 at the UW 21 to 3rd and 12 at the UW 44 plus he's clearly not past the LOS. Most likely get a FG out of the drive if the penalty isn't called.

The other offensive penalties:

Sixth drive

1st and 10 at UW 28 - Jalen gets called for intentional grounding, moving the ball to the UW 44

Drive result - punt

Eighth drive

2nd and 18 at UA 48 - Cam gets called for offensive holding, moving the ball to UA 40
*the above mentioned delay of game was two plays later)

Drive result - punt

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Earle said it earlier, but Kiffin was calling plays in which they had no practiced cadence..... which is why there were times when Hurts was staring at the sidelines, the OL was not even ready, the WRs were staring at the sideline, and a ball was even snapped without anyone ready. Kiffin got WAY off the gameplan.
I was trying to remember who said that, but Thanks!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
In the media discourse of this subject, where kiffin repeatedly tries to salvage the perception of his exit from Alabama, I get the impression that Saban has had enough and wishes that Kiffin would shut his mouth and move on. If he doesn't it seems Saban is willing to slow drip counters to the media that further disclose how embarrassing his behavior had become at Bama.

So Kiffin keep talking cause the only one going to lose is you. Whether it's you or Smart you don't just don't try to stab the one guy who gave you a punched ticket to earn millions on your way out the door. Not to get this started again, but I am still more disappointed in Smart and he handled his exit and the offseason than I am for what Kiffin has just because you sort-of expect this crap from him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Kirby's mind must have been somewhere other than on preparing Bama's DEFENSE last year. I know Watson is good, but a Bama DEFENSE giving up 40 points? Something was rotten and it wasn't in Denmark. What was he thinking in his preparation of the Tide DEFENSE? Who his OC and DC were going to be? Who his recruiting co-ordinator was going to be? What coaches would remain on the Dawg staff? What color tie he was going to wear to a presser?!? Would it be a Belk's tie?!? "Man, I can't be caught wearing a Crimson RED tie, even though Crimson is the most beautiful color in God's universe! Maybe I should just buy a BLACK tie, 'cause Gawga sure plays great when playing in ALL BLACK uniforms."

For Bama to win this year, Pruitt has to have that DEFENSE better prepared than they were last year. If Bama is to win I think the DEFENSE is going to have to lift at least 75% of those weights. The DEFENSE has to PRESSURE and CONTAIN Watson, stop that RB, and stick like glue to those wide receivers and that TE! Watson needs to be on his back looking up at the Moon and all those stars in space, not the stars on the playing field.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

*Play came after the Miler Forristall illegal man down field penalty after Jalen completed a pass to Deiter at UW 21*

This photo proves that the refs got the player's number wrong on the play but not the call. No. 87 was eligible anyway because he lined up in the backfield. No. 13 was covered on the line of scrimmage so the penalty was correct; Bama lined up wrong.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.