Game Thread: Rose Bowl - USC vs. Penn State

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Darnold might rival Hurts for Roboticness. You'd think his dog died by that interview, not that he'd just led a comeback to win the Rose Bowl...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
That penn state QB threw it up for grabs two times in a row. First time the defender dropped it...second time USC got it. Why not just run it and try the OT? Glad USC won though.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Just pokin' a little fun. I'm notorious for using variations like "colour" even though I haven't spent a minute near any North Atlantic/North Sea islands.

I know I'm a maths mind as opposed to a language mind.

Even in the Queen's English I'm not good, in the American colour/color version of English I'm sure I'm even worse. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Both of those teams played hard and demonstrated a lot of ability. The defenses gave up a lot of big plays, but even our defense has given up 40+ a few times during the last year. It was a very entertaining game. I'm like others; I hate when Bama plays in those, but I love watching other teams play in them.
I will admit that USC with that kid at QB is a better team, but I still think we would beat them by at least two scores and probably more.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Both of those teams played hard and demonstrated a lot of ability. The defenses gave up a lot of big plays, but even our defense has given up 40+ a few times during the last year. It was a very entertaining game. I'm like others; I hate when Bama plays in those, but I love watching other teams play in them.
I will admit that USC with that kid at QB is a better team, but I still think we would beat them by at least two scores and probably more.
Our defense only gave up 36 points to Ole Miss (one of their TDs was the fumble return for a touchdown where they should have been called for targeting).

Well "only" is a strong word, but nope, no 40.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
We also had lost Reuben and Minkah for several of those scores. Big changes in the middle of a field is disaster waiting to happen with receivers and mode of attack OM likes to use.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
That penn state QB threw it up for grabs two times in a row. First time the defender dropped it...second time USC got it. Why not just run it and try the OT? Glad USC won though.
Sometimes fans wonder why coaches play for Overtime...that's why!

I really dislike James Franklin and between him and Jimbo it is a toss up for who coached the end of the game worse but I'd say Franklin since his squad barfed up the win.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.