Game Thread: Sugar Bowl: Auburn vs. Oklahoma

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I used to love Oklahoma, even after two heartbreaking loses in 2002 and 2003. But over the years I've grown to have nothing but disdain for Bob Stoops. So I'm not pulling for Auburn so much as I'm pulling against Stoops.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I think Oklahoma used that fake out cross field play on us in the sugar bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
giving up a 3rd and 22 to the most obvious "well lets see if this will work" play is a very aub thing to do

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
You'll learn to hate them. Mush mouth and Palmer get old in a hurry. They're like the worst parts of Verne and Gary distilled into pure commentating incompetence.

Kaylee Hartung is nice though. :)
Kaylee is the only one I care about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If a player turns his back to the blocker then it is a legal block in the back.
Depends. Generally not in the open field. However, if a pass rusher attempts to get around an OL by spinning so that his back is now towards the blocker, the OL is entitled to maintain his block, so long as he doesn't grab the jersey or tackle and take down the rusher. This essentially is what happened on Hurts' TD against LSU. The two lower, looking at the clip, were exactly that situation. The top, or left side, block might have been a hold but it had no impact on the play and is almost never called. The LSU fans all use freeze frame, after the spin move, to make it appear their rushers were initially blocked in the back or held. They weren't...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.