JessN: In the end, the ending was so Lane Kiffin

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
IMHO, Jalen has one of his best games of the year next Monday night.

If so.....history will look back at this scenario as another signature adjustment by Coach Saban with his staff that continues to put his players in the best position for success.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Nice read Jess though I am not totally in agreement with the mood. I just get the feeling that it was just too much for Lane to be a head coach and assistant coach so it showed. And frankly, I don't think Kirby did a good job of it either. I hate rumors because they mold perception without fact or precedent. I may be wrong but I get the feeling this was, in fact, a mutual decision and Lane handled the exit with class and dignity as did coach. One thing is for certain IMHO is that we will not see another assistant coach stay through the post season once they have already been named coach somewhere else.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Exactly, I noticed against Washington that about half the plays that Kiffin was calling, Jalen Hurts was on a totally different page. Hurts would go to hand the ball off or pass it and the blocking wasn't there or personnel were not where they were supposed to be. I was told that Kiffin called two plays that the offense hadn't even practiced. If so then it is evident that CLK was more into FAU than a Bama game plan. CLK did an excellent job while at Bama but it was apparently time to move on. Thanks Coach.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Nice read Jess though I am not totally in agreement with the mood. I just get the feeling that it was just too much for Lane to be a head coach and assistant coach so it showed. And frankly, I don't think Kirby did a good job of it either. I hate rumors because they mold perception without fact or precedent. I may be wrong but I get the feeling this was, in fact, a mutual decision and Lane handled the exit with class and dignity as did coach. One thing is for certain IMHO is that we will not see another assistant coach stay through the post season once they have already been named coach somewhere else.
I really think that this could work out to be in our favor.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.