The top teams in the Big 10 all lost in Bowl games.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
I'm of the same frame of mind. I support bama and no one else. There might be a day when we need the rest of the league to be strong but until then I could care less.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I called them the 3 most overrated teams in all my years. Remember Iowa vs. Stanford last year? MSU vs. Bama? I know they hate the SEC but the media's desire to prop up the B1G is getting ridiculous. Urban may be near collapse again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure scoring 49 points and LOSING is a playoff asset. Fortunately, we will never have to hear about how Penn St got "robbed" and had a great team. Had they made it, they would have played Alabama...who scored as many points on USC as PSU gave up to USC.
Exactly. Plus, we could have scored more if we wanted to again USC. But we had a defense to stop them. That running game would have gone nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I am sorry but I belong to the University of Alabama and not some alphabet soup conference. I could care less if the sec went 0-11 and Bama won out. I was at the game Saturday and only heard one sec chant, it lasted for 10 seconds.
Whether we like it or not, perception and conference strength matters. Without it, I'm not sure Alabama gets the rematch in 2011 with LSU.

I understand not wanting to root or pull for arch rivals in Bowl Games, but give me Kentucky over Ga Tech or MSU over Miami (OH) or USCe over USF, and so on and so on. The Big 12 have missed out on the playoffs before because of a perceived weakness. Ohio State got in this year without a conference championship becasue of the B10's perceived strength.

You don't have to want the SEC to do well in Bowl games, but like it or not, in seasons where the Tide has a regular season loss, it helps Alabama's argument when the SEC is perceived as strong.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I'm not sure scoring 49 points and LOSING is a playoff asset. Fortunately, we will never have to hear about how Penn St got "robbed" and had a great team. Had they made it, they would have played Alabama...who scored as many points on USC as PSU gave up to USC.
That is what I want to say to all those bozos that say "well USC is a different team now - they have a new QB". I want to ask them "really, does he play defense too?"

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That is what I want to say to all those bozos that say "well USC is a different team now - they have a new QB". I want to ask them "really, does he play defense too?"
Like I told the Washington boys......Alabama might not beat USC, 52-6, now but.......we wouldn't lose 26-13 to them, either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.