Is this true - Bo draft eligible?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Is this true?

Bo didn't enroll until the spring semester of 2015 because he had retake some classes. Therefore, he's draft eligible.

Like Matt, I've heard he might leave early. Can you blame him if he does well Monday? Look at what we'll have next year at the position. Plus, the life of a NFL RB isn't long.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Unless you're a Zeke Elliot or LF it is very unlikely that you'll be drafted real high in the NFL as a RB. It is shifting back somewhat but teams just have more pressing needs that can only be addressed in the early rounds. They look at RBs they deem serviceable to their schemes and feel they can get them on the cheap in the later rounds. It's almost more beneficial for them to get in the league and on a team and start their rookie contract. The best RBs make their money as proven commodities in year 4, and like RTR said, their shelf life is the league motto...Not For Long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

The situations are not parallel at all...
Parallel in the sense that no one thought he was ready until he had two huge games on a National Stage -- that changed everyone's perception. My point is - that even if we all knew he was eligible -- no one before Saturday would have thought he was ready to go. One big game -- (and a potentially big second game) can move someone from "no way" status to a first round draft choice. Though the sport (and decade) is different -- the point was, he very well could jump into the first round if he goes for 200 yards and 3 TDs....

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I've actually heard from a few people that if he performs well on Monday, and gets a grade in the 3rd-4th round or better, he'll heavily consider leaving. TIFWIW, but it makes sense as the shelf life of RB'S is REALLY short.

He is draft eligible, because even though he is a true Sophomore, he sat out one full year going to a prep-school. The rule is 3 years removed from high school, and has nothing to do with collegiate eligibility/class.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
To do that, he probably need to rush over 200 yards and do lot of damages on the field on Monday night. I can't see that one happening. If Bo leaves, That makes it easy for Harris to get playing time next year, backing up Harris/Jacob.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Parallel in the sense that no one thought he was ready until he had two huge games on a National Stage -- that changed everyone's perception. My point is - that even if we all knew he was eligible -- no one before Saturday would have thought he was ready to go. One big game -- (and a potentially big second game) can move someone from "no way" status to a first round draft choice. Though the sport (and decade) is different -- the point was, he very well could jump into the first round if he goes for 200 yards and 3 TDs....
If he wants a shot at getting a first round pick he'll stay another year. He was known as someone who fumbled frequently and was injury prone. He's had 3 great games but there is no way he'll get a 1st Rd grade from any GM with LF, McCaffery, and the Texas RBs all coming out.

I won't blame him a bit for declaring but I'd be stunned if he got selected before the 3rd round.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

If he wants a shot at getting a first round pick he'll stay another year. He was known as someone who fumbled frequently and was injury prone. He's had 3 great games but there is no way he'll get a 1st Rd grade from any GM with LF, McCaffery, and the Texas RBs all coming out.

I won't blame him a bit for declaring but I'd be stunned if he got selected before the 3rd round.

Don't forget Dalvin Cook.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Don't forget Dalvin Cook.
...who showed some pretty good hands to enhance his own draft status against the Coughing Hairballs in FSU's bowl game - the same hands development by a RB that might behoove Bo to stick around and presumably make use of in Sark's offensive scheme next year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
My biggest concern about him leaving for the NFL is the deep RB class this year. Bo will perform great at the combine but there's so many good RBs prospects this year. If it was a thinner RB class I think he could be a 2nd-3rd round pick with a big NC game and good combine performance..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
My biggest concern about him leaving for the NFL is the deep RB class this year. Bo will perform great at the combine but there's so many good RBs prospects this year. If it was a thinner RB class I think he could be a 2nd-3rd round pick with a big NC game and good combine performance..
Has to be weighed against his competition for playing time at Bama, which will be drastically increased next year.

I just want Bo to do whatever is best for him at this point. I'd love to have in Crimson next season, but that might not really help him. I'm sure Saban will advise him and he'll have to do whatever he thinks is best.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I don't think realistically there's any way he ever grades as a first round pick. Backs just don't typically get that luxury anymore, and he's never going to be a guy who can consistently get 20+ carries (too many injury concerns).

His ceiling is likely 2nd round, so if there's a chance he gets grabbed in round 3 this year it makes too much sense for him to leave.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
both chubb and michel at uga came back for their senior seasons, i think in part due to the deep class this year

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
I think with Harris coming in plus the three other running backs we already have will affect the amount of carries Bo will get next year. I think that will be what makes Bo stay or go. Now I would love to see him stay, I'm sure Coach will help him make the right decision best for him.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Even if he goes for 300 and 5 TDs Monday night, I don't think he will get a 1st round grade.

Look at the QB from Ohio State that only played a few games at the end of the year that the won the NC (2014). QBs are more likely to go in the 1st round than RBs, by far, and that guy didn't get a first round grade even after 3 fantastic games to finish that season. I just don't think Bo has enough time that any NFL GM is going to use a first round pick on him. I think 3rd or 4th round is more likely, factoring in experience, competition at the position, and history (injuries had in the past), and that is with a monster game on Monday. And that may be enough to persuade him to leave. I would wish him well no matter what, it's his decision to make, but I think his best bet is to come back one more season and be the Man, win a Heisman, and lead us to our 3rd straight NC.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Even if he goes for 300 and 5 TDs Monday night, I don't think he will get a 1st round grade.

Look at the QB from Ohio State that only played a few games at the end of the year that the won the NC (2014). QBs are more likely to go in the 1st round than RBs, by far, and that guy didn't get a first round grade even after 3 fantastic games to finish that season. I just don't think Bo has enough time that any NFL GM is going to use a first round pick on him. I think 3rd or 4th round is more likely, factoring in experience, competition at the position, and history (injuries had in the past), and that is with a monster game on Monday. And that may be enough to persuade him to leave. I would wish him well no matter what, it's his decision to make, but I think his best bet is to come back one more season and be the Man, win a Heisman, and lead us to our 3rd straight NC.
The problem is he may never get a 1st round grade because we split the carries so much. If he gets a mid round grade he should probably leave because of our crowded backfield + his lengthy history of injuries. I would love to have him back but probably in his best interest to leave..

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I don't think Bo would go pro after this season, at least its highly doubtful. He hasn't been a starter, and his injuries would also drag his grade down. He needs another year to showcase his skill set.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
But Kenyan had a LOT more playing time than Bo has had, as well as a lot of return work. Bo needs more film to improve his draft status.
Yup...

Bo (career): 127 carries for 823 yards (6.4 ypc) and 10 TDs
2 receptions for 15 yards and 0 TDs
total of 60 points scored

Kenyan (career): 233 carries for 1,495 yards (6.4 ypc) and 18 TDs
46 receptions for 570 yards and 4 TDs
total of 138 points scored

Last edited:

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
another thing is bo is very strong and gets tons of yards after contact, but that doesn't necessarily translate as well in the nfl where the defenders are much better tacklers. He showed he could improve a lot in one year, but I think he'd improve a lot with another year practicing technique and decision making.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.