Breaux Bridge, La
Yup...

Bo (career): 127 carries for 823 yards (6.4 ypc) and 10 TDs
2 receptions for 15 yards and 0 TDs
total of 60 points scored

Kenyan (career): 233 carries for 1,495 yards (6.4 ypc) and 18 TDs
46 receptions for 570 yards and 4 TDs
total of 138 points scored
Plus Kenyan could fly.....which always helps....

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I remember a couple of scouts saying that the rub on Coker last year was that there just wasn't a complete body of work to draw from to lift his draft status. To a lesser extent, the same probably hold true for a running back.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Yup...

Bo (career): 127 carries for 823 yards (6.4 ypc) and 10 TDs
2 receptions for 15 yards and 0 TDs
total of 60 points scored

Kenyan (career): 233 carries for 1,495 yards (6.4 ypc) and 18 TDs
46 receptions for 570 yards and 4 TDs
total of 138 points scored
I want to point out few things: Bo has 823 yards with 127 carries... and Kenyan 233 for 1,495.. It is likely If he comes back that he will have just about same carries but more yards than Kenyan did.

Also, Kenyan was all round players who can do this and that. Bo is more of a running back who hasn't had opportunities to catch ball and isnt likely to do that. I don't think it's right to compare body of work, considering Drake missed couple games over the years.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I want to point out few things: Bo has 823 yards with 127 carries... and Kenyan 233 for 1,495.. It is likely If he comes back that he will have just about same carries but more yards than Kenyan did.
Why would you say that? So far in Bo's career he's averaging exactly what KD did in his time at Bama (4.6 ypc).

Also, Kenyan was all round players who can do this and that. Bo is more of a running back who hasn't had opportunities to catch ball and isnt likely to do that. I don't think it's right to compare body of work, considering Drake missed couple games over the years.
Exactly - I included that because it further differentiates KD from BS in the eyes of an NFL scout - great rushing average and also very productive receiving as we all a returning kicks = more valuable.

I agree completely that comparing the two isn't fair to Bo, which is why the point that KD was never a starter is moot - he was a more productive all-around athlete, which is why he was a third-round draft pick despite never being a college starter.

Bama-94-00

All-American
Nov 1, 2004
Huntsville/Madison, AL area
Re: Is this true?

Perhaps I'm confused, but I thought a grayshirt was someone who qualified, and paid his own way, with a promise of a scholarship the following year. In the case of Bo, I thought he had a scholarship waiting, but simply didn't qualify that first year, because of a problem with the clearinghouse and one of his high school courses.
Grayshirting is usually used to get recruits in and count against the next recruiting year. I think they could start school part-time and pay their own way the first semester. The eligibility clock starts when a student-athlete is a full-time student, eg 5 years for 4 years of eligibility.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I do hope Bo stays. I love him and what he has done. I just read that Najee has a flight booked with Tua (Tua is quoted but Najee did not say one way or the other and still says he will just show up) to Tuscaloosa for next week. That would be great to have Bo, Damien, Josh, and Najee for next year. I am not sure if BJ will transfer if that's the case, especially with his injury maybe putting him behind with training.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006

Doesn't Najee have a good chance of coming in and taking the job? Maybe that could help because if he gets seated by a freshman, I'm sure his stock will go right back down.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Well, if Bo comes out and dominates again and we win it all, he can leave if he wants in my opinion (good or bad)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I do hope Bo stays. I love him and what he has done. I just read that Najee has a flight booked with Tua (Tua is quoted but Najee did not say one way or the other and still says he will just show up) to Tuscaloosa for next week. That would be great to have Bo, Damien, Josh, and Najee for next year. I am not sure if BJ will transfer if that's the case, especially with his injury maybe putting him behind with training.
I guess everybody has forgotten that our leading rusher in total yards is Damien Harris and our leading rusher in yards per carry is..well.. Damien Harris. I know Bo and Najee are the "eye test" picks, but, to date, Damien has out performed them both.(Sorry...I didn't see Damien included initially, and couldn't delete the post)

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I guess everybody has forgotten that our leading rusher in total yards is Damien Harris and our leading rusher in yards per carry is..well.. Damien Harris. I know Bo and Najee are the "eye test" picks, but, to date, Damien has out performed them both.(Sorry...I didn't see Damien included initially, and couldn't delete the post)
Damien is also the 2nd leading rusher in the SEC but he isn't draft eligible. That's what's been discussed IRT Bo..

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Yes, I love Damien too and realize he is our starter. He and Bo together are awesome. I actually got my picture made with Damien when the team was at Andretti race carts before the Peach Bowl and he was very nice when I asked him.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Yes, I love Damien too and realize he is our starter. He and Bo together are awesome. I actually got my picture made with Damien when the team was at Andretti race carts before the Peach Bowl and he was very nice when I asked him.
Damien reminds me of a professor. He seems to be very intelligent.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
UDUB was smallish on the edges but very quick. Bo had a huge advantage in that game. I suspect we use more of DH & JJ against Clemson to take advantage of their quickness against the slower Clemson defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.