Is this true - Bo draft eligible?

melvinm

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 2013
According to one of the guys on an Atlanta Sports talk station, Bo Scarborough is actually draft eligible this year due to injuries he suffered early in his career. He threw out the possibility that if Bo had another game like he did in the semis, he could possibly enter the draft. I hadn't even considered it a possibility. Any thoughts?

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Re: Is this true?

Possible but not likely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Possible but not likely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Agree. The NFL rule is just 3 years after your class has graduated HS (whether you graduated yourself is immaterial). However, his history of really outstanding performance will be so short and his injury history so suspect, he'd be foolish not to return. I'd wager he'd go FA...

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

Not sure how as Scarbrough is a true Soph.
He was in the same HS class as Leonard Fournette, Myles Garrett, et al. He missed the Fall Semester, so he hasn't been at Bama for three years, but his class has been out of HS for three years.

No chance he goes. The only reason at all he would declare is if he knew he wasn't going to be eligible to play in the Fall. He'd probably get a 5th or 6th round grade this year, if that. If he comes back, is the workhorse all year and goes for 1,500 yards, he could potentially be a 1st round pick - especially if Derrick Henry has a big year for the Titans, as Bo will inevitably be compared to Derrick.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I've actually heard from a few people that if he performs well on Monday, and gets a grade in the 3rd-4th round or better, he'll heavily consider leaving. TIFWIW, but it makes sense as the shelf life of RB'S is REALLY short.

He is draft eligible, because even though he is a true Sophomore, he sat out one full year going to a prep-school. The rule is 3 years removed from high school, and has nothing to do with collegiate eligibility/class.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
It's a pretty reasonable idea as you outlined it.
I've actually heard from a few people that if he performs well on Monday, and gets a grade in the 3rd-4th round or better, he'll heavily consider leaving. TIFWIW, but it makes sense as the shelf life of RB'S is REALLY short.

He is draft eligible, because even though he is a true Sophomore, he sat out one full year going to a prep-school. The rule is 3 years removed from high school, and has nothing to do with collegiate eligibility/class.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

He'd still be better off to get the insurance and take the chance on a higher grade next year. Too many quality RB's coming out this year.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for clarifying. He grayshirted.
Perhaps I'm confused, but I thought a grayshirt was someone who qualified, and paid his own way, with a promise of a scholarship the following year. In the case of Bo, I thought he had a scholarship waiting, but simply didn't qualify that first year, because of a problem with the clearinghouse and one of his high school courses.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Perhaps I'm confused, but I thought a grayshirt was someone who qualified, and paid his own way, with a promise of a scholarship the following year. In the case of Bo, I thought he had a scholarship waiting, but simply didn't qualify that first year, because of a problem with the clearinghouse and one of his high school courses.
Greyshirting is simply missing the fall semester...and not going anywhere else. Bo is 3 years out of HS and eligible. Whether he should or not is up for debate...Why is this so hard to understand?

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

Greyshirting is simply missing the fall semester...and not going anywhere else. Bo is 3 years out of HS and eligible. Whether he should or not is up for debate...Why is this so hard to understand?
My comment was only asking for a clarification regarding the term grayshirting. I understand the rule regarding being 3 years from HS. The previous poster stated that Bo had grayshirted. I simply asked for a clarification, because I thought he had not grayshirted.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

My comment was only asking for a clarification regarding the term grayshirting. I understand the rule regarding being 3 years from HS. The previous poster stated that Bo had grayshirted. I simply asked for a clarification, because I thought he had not grayshirted.
No problem...I'm a little cranky this am...tired of grey winter days already...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.