Baggage handler locked in cargo hold for 1.5 hour flight

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Actually, this may happen more than some realize. It used to happen on Delta flights from Birmingham to Atlanta and might still happen. They would just fly the guy back to Birmingham on the next flight from ATL to BHM. As long as you were in the forward cargo bay ( the old 727 planes), where animals are kept, the bay would pressurize but the landing might be a little rough. I have heard baggage handlers joke about it.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Wow, the non-revenue flight benefits are really starting to suck!
My guess is that he decided to crawl up in there for a little nap, which is probably why his lawyer advised him to not disclose how he got up in there.
Cargo bays are usually pressurized and have some temperature control. Heard about a middle eastern customer a few years ago that wanted to put servants' quarters down there on a 747.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Actually, this may happen more than some realize. It used to happen on Delta flights from Birmingham to Atlanta and might still happen. They would just fly the guy back to Birmingham on the next flight from ATL to BHM. As long as you were in the forward cargo bay ( the old 727 planes), where animals are kept, the bay would pressurize but the landing might be a little rough. I have heard baggage handlers joke about it.
From BHM to ATL wouldn't be so bad. Never had one of those flight last more than 40 minutes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.