It's Final - Corn Ethanol Is Of No Use

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
without even reading I disagree

it is very useful

for buying the votes of the heartland and for providing corporate welfare to large companies

outside of that I agree completely
Why do you hate the environment?
The ethanol subsidy does exactly what it was intended to do: produce political influence for its proponents.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Why do you hate the environment?
The ethanol subsidy does exactly what it was intended to do: produce political influence for its proponents.
That's not unique to the ethanol subsidy of course. All government actions create constituencies. Hence the need for government to be very limited.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
I worked inspecting underground storage tanks for a few years. You wouldn't even imagine the corrosion that stuff does to a tank system in a short time. Especially the components where the trucks hook up to the tanks under the manhole cover.
Which can cause a release of petroleum into the groundwater & very expensive cleanup if not caught. A friend of mine did a study on it that was pretty interesting.
That's no even considering the damage it does to our vehicles.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's death on small 2 cycle engines like chainsaws even faster than on autos. I won't run it in small engines. Autos have been engineered to handle it, to some degree...

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
In 2000, over 90% of the U.S. corn crop went to feed people and livestock, many in undeveloped countries, with less than 5% used to produce ethanol. In 2013, however, 40% went to produce ethanol, 45% was used to feed livestock, and only 15% was used for food and beverage (AgMRC).

I remember when a dozen ears of corn tripled in price. I don't eat as much corn on the cob as I used to.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
It's death on small 2 cycle engines like chainsaws even faster than on autos. I won't run it in small engines. Autos have been engineered to handle it, to some degree...
A couple of years ago, I was in a local shop that services small engines. We were chatting about this and she said that they periodically checked some of the local gas stations that sold "100%" gas. 2 of the 4 that they had recently tested has some ethanol and another had high levels. She said that they always used star tron in their gas and highly recommended that their customers do the same. I was already using it for everything besides my vehicles and this just reinforced my conviction to continue using it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.