Saban's 10 year anniversary

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing. Feels so good to look back and remember the scoffs when Saban came to Tuscaloosa. "He'll only be there 2-3 years. Four tops." "Does he have a winning record vs Fulmer? Tuberville? Meyer?" Deep down, people knew. They knew this had the chance to be something special. They made fun while they could because they didn't want to even think about the possibilities.

A fan should be so lucky to live during a golden era like this. For many of us, this is our second golden era. We are a truly fortunate fan base. RTR

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Looking at the list of the 10 biggest recruiting wins for Saban is a list an amazing accomplishment and that's just the top 10. A list of the top 50 would make a super bowl championship team.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Can't believe it's been 10 years already. Man, time sure does pass fast. This is the best era of Bama football I've ever seen though. Bear died several years before I was born, but I imagine it has the same feeling. :)

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
https://alabama.rivals.com/news/hurt-saban-era-has-surpassed-all-expectations

This from Cecil and a series of "ten best" list are also up on TideSports.com. Can you believe Saban in on the cusp of a 5th title in 10 years!? Pretty extraordinary.
We really are spoiled now, as if we weren't even before Saban arrived. Some would think 5 divisional championships in ten years would be great. Some would think 5 SEC titles in ten years would be great. Winning five national titles in ten years? Honestly, I don't think many people even believed that was possible. The success is truly unbelievable.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing. Feels so good to look back and remember the scoffs when Saban came to Tuscaloosa. "He'll only be there 2-3 years. Four tops." "Does he have a winning record vs Fulmer? Tuberville? Meyer?" Deep down, people knew. They knew this had the chance to be something special. They made fun while they could because they didn't want to even think about the possibilities.

A fan should be so lucky to live during a golden era like this. For many of us, this is our second golden era. We are a truly fortunate fan base. RTR
We had a solid football reputation even before Coach Bryant listened to mama call. Some discount the days before the AP started awarding championships, but those early days helped establish football in the South.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
We had a solid football reputation even before Coach Bryant listened to mama call. Some discount the days before the AP started awarding championships, but those early days helped establish football in the South.
Agree. Was mainly talking about living through a golden era. While we've had several, I've been fortunate enough to live through two. I guess there are some who've lived through three (60s, 70s, now).

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
And they said it wouldn't last!!! He's the longest-tenured head football coach in the SEC. ROTFL

Very thankful for the past ten years. Happy Anniversary to CNS and the whole Tide Nation.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
It's been a wonderful 10 years is a understatement...This has to be the single greatest run in all of sports history, and we probably have 5-7 more years of it to enjoy

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.