thoughts on buying used cars

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I might be coming close to looking at a slightly used vehicle also. I plan to keep my current car but relegate it to garage queen/weekend/sunny day/track day car. It's starting to rack up too many miles doing everyday chores. Given that, I may try to find a new daily driver. Requirements are 4 doors, RWD, and manual transmission. Not many of those to choose from.
buddy of mine has an Infiniti G35s, meets the criteria and is amazingly fun to drive

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
because most people buy based on payment and not total cost. They go into carmax and say "what can I get for XXX a month" and carmax gives them 4/5 options that seem better than what they can buy for new car monthly payments
I guess I just keep forgetting how stupid most people are.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
so, we bought the car today. ended up going with a 2016.5 new mazda cx5. the dealer in jonesboro had a ton in stock and were pretty aggressive on pricing. we ended up splurging on the leather seats and tech package since they were priced so well and my wife really wanted the better trim package (i didn't swing at the hanging curveball of a joke set-up).

we got the white leather (black trim) interior which really looks sharp with the dark exterior color

we turn in the jetta tdi wagon at the dealership saturday and will get a check for very close to what we paid for the car 5 years ago.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.