One black man has spent years befriending KKK members...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
and persuaded 200 of them to leave the hate group...

"I never set out to convert anyone in the Klan," he told The Independent. "I just set out to get an answer to my question, 'How can you hate me when you don't even know me?' I simply gave them a chance to get to know me and treat them the way I want to be treated. They come to their own conclusion that this ideology is no longer for them."

I cannot wait to see this!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I have heard about this guy. It's a good story. Black people hate this guy though, and for no good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
I can't understand it. The quote in the article about the NAACP guy chewing him out. As he told the guy, "I've collected 200 sets of robes. That's my dent in racism."

I would love to meet this man. This man has done something to actually make a difference and bring true respect between the races. I'm afraid the goal of certain folks that would have disdain for this man is not respect and equality, but spite and payback.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I can't understand it. The quote in the article about the NAACP guy chewing him out. As he told the guy, "I've collected 200 sets of robes. That's my dent in racism."

I would love to meet this man. This man has done something to actually make a difference and bring true respect between the races. I'm afraid the goal of certain folks that would have disdain for this man is not respect and equality, but spite and payback.
i hear what you're saying, but i think there are probably many folks who are very wary and untrusting of kluckers

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
This reminds me of a dave chappelle sketch.

As for the blacks who hate this guys, are probably the blacks that want to keep problems alive between the races. This guy should keep doing what he is doing.

This reminds me of a dave chappelle sketch.

As for the blacks who hate this guys, are probably the blacks that want to keep problems alive between the races. This guy should keep doing what he is doing.
That's precisely it. The liberals have a hold of the community. They prey on fear. They've told blacks that we should fear whitey. It's the white liberals saying this though. We eat it up, because we need someone to blame.

You know, other than ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
How can the poverty pimps scam people and "cry" racism, when he's defeating it?
He's not really "defeating" it. If he is trying to eradicate systematic racism, he is misguided. On the other hand, he is trying to rescue as as many individuals from racism as he can and that is to be applauded.

I admire his resolve because discussions with bigots are exhausting. No matter what you do to humanize yourself, they exist in an echo chamber and surround themselves with information that validates their point of view. Changing that perspective and making them see how racism affects those who are targeted is an exercise in eliciting common tropes of black on black crime, inferiority complexes, entitlement, reverse racism, etc.

The racism we should be focusing on doesn't wear a hood.

Anyone read this article? This thread made me think about it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
He's not really "defeating" it. If he is trying to eradicate systematic racism, he is misguided. On the other hand, he is trying to rescue as as many individuals from racism as he can and that is to be applauded.

I admire his resolve because discussions with bigots are exhausting. No matter what you do to humanize yourself, they exist in an echo chamber and surround themselves with information that validates their point of view. Changing that perspective and making them see how racism affects those who are targeted is an exercise in eliciting common tropes of black on black crime, inferiority complexes, entitlement, reverse racism, etc.

The racism we should be focusing on doesn't wear a hood.

Anyone read this article? This thread made me think about it.
had to read that in pieces through around and during conference calls but it was worth it. Great stuff.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
That guy has guts. God bless him. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for what he's doing. One man alone cannot end racism in this world, but he's doing much more than most people.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I admire his resolve because discussions with bigots are exhausting. No matter what you do to humanize yourself, they exist in an echo chamber and surround themselves with information that validates their point of view.
You're referring to the 'Plain Trouble on Da Plains' thread, are you?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.