Ever seen or heard of a fan that liked Auburn and Alabama both?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Serious question. I wonder if anyone out there is a fan of Auburn and Alabama both? lol

I'm sure there is, but I haven't seen one yet.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Nope. I have heard of some that root for us when we aren't playing Auburn then some Bama fans that root for Auburn when we aren't playing them. I, on the other hand, am not one of those people.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Only time that I've seen something remotely like this is when a recruit is choosing between the two schools ... i.e. player grew up a fan of the Barn but chooses to play for Bama and then becomes a Bama fan.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I have known some that aren't big football fans. So..does that really count? Lol

I have always said if one of my boys ever played at Auburn. I would go to the games in my Bama shirt but would have the buttons...patches etc of my son's number with his picture on them. ;)

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Well, I'm also a fan of TCU :) But thats only because I have had family graduate from there. But I'm a WAY bigger Tide fan then TCU fan. Frogs sucked bad this season. Ole Patterson needs to find him a new QB.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Serious question. I wonder if anyone out there is a fan of Auburn and Alabama both? lol

I'm sure there is, but I haven't seen one yet.
The people that told me that, it turned out were not really that big of a college football fan. They were more trying to fit in the college football culture. If your "heart" is tied to your football team I don't see how you could be an equal fan of another school's team, especially a rival.

As an example, for various reasons; I like New Mexico, Hawaii, Nevada, and Wyoming and will watch and pull for them. But it's nowhere near the same. By comparison, it's nothing really.

Loam, if you find such a true fan, it would be like finding an ivory billed woodpecker. People swear they have seen one, but there's no proof.

mgeod

Sep 24, 2010
My youngest son ,, He has always wanted to root for both teams. We live about 20 minutes from Awbern.. He is about to start school there so he might be a trader before long.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I am a die hard Bama fan in all sports. I also like Auburn to do well except if they are playing Alabama or if a loss helps our position. It's good for our state to have two good, competitive teams in sports.

I dont care who who is playing that catholic school in Indiana, I am for the other team in any sport. Ohio State is a close second but would have to go with the Bucks over nd.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I would call them a split personality and they should seek psychiatric help.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
My wife claimed to be an Auburn fan when I met her. But really, she just wasn't that into college football at the time. Now she claims to be a die hard Bama fan, and sure seems committed during games - yelling, hollering, etc.

But she also is pretty committed to Clemson in the last few years, mainly because we went to school with Dabo. In fact, she freely admits that she will likely be pulling for Clemson next Monday night. To me, that ain't no Bama fan. Truth is, despite her insistence to the contrary, in my opinion, she's still not really a college football fan. Not a real one anyway. Just a casual observer.

No real Bama fan could pull for Bama's opponent in any game, much less the National Championship. Having gone to school with Dabo is no excuse. I don't care if my only son played for the opponent. I'd be pulling for my son to play well in a losing effort.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
My wife claimed to be an Auburn fan when I met her. But really, she just wasn't that into college football at the time. Now she claims to be a die hard Bama fan, and sure seems committed during games - yelling, hollering, etc.

But she also is pretty committed to Clemson in the last few years, mainly because we went to school with Dabo. In fact, she freely admits that she will likely be pulling for Clemson next Monday night. To me, that ain't no Bama fan. Truth is, despite her insistence to the contrary, in my opinion, she's still not really a college football fan. Not a real one anyway. Just a casual observer.

No real Bama fan could pull for Bama's opponent in any game, much less the National Championship. Having gone to school with Dabo is no excuse. I don't care if my only son played for the opponent. I'd be pulling for my son to play well in a losing effort.
I couldn't watch the game with a Clemson fan, but hey, I married a New Englander who thought football began and ended with ND. She doesn't anymore!

ps whoever started this thread must be extremely bored.

Roll Tide

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
At my first Iron Bowl in 2006, I saw a guy wearing an Auburn hat and an Alabama sweater. No family was near him that I could see. An Auburn fan saw the same guy at the same time and told me, "At least pick a side. I can't trust those straddlers."

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Not so much now, with the playoff in place, but in the day of the polls or the BCS I used to hope Bama and Auburn were both undefeated going into the Iron Bowl. Why? Because, should we win, it virtually locked us into position to win the national championship.
If that's not being a fan then I guess I'm not a fan, but it makes sense to me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.