Link: Mr. Allen speaks on defensive mindset

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Gun to my head, Allen would probably be my all time favorite defensive player at the capstone. He, along with the other grown men across our defensive front, has brought the type of sack/pressure generating line that I hadn't seen in my generation of Alabama football. I'll always appreciate his business like demeanor and the fact that he came back for his senior year to lead this group

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Gun to my head, Allen would probably be my all time favorite defensive player at the capstone. He, along with the other grown men across our defensive front, has brought the type of sack/pressure generating line that I hadn't seen in my generation of Alabama football. I'll always appreciate his business like demeanor and the fact that he came back for his senior year to lead this group
One of my favorites as well.
I like the fact that he and the defense feel embarrassed by last year's defensive performance and want a shot at redemption. Think about that for a second. They won a national championship and want a shot at redemption.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I don't think the media and esp. the pro Clemson talking heads are even aware of how Allen and our defense is looking forward to dominating Watson and his tigers come January 9th. everyone is talking about the match ups and such, but the real underlying theme for Bama fans is watching our defense go to town!!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
and we have to be pretty confident that there is someone else waiting in the wings.

I dunno - I'm sure there are some super talented guys, but the raw nastiness that Ashawn and Allen bring to the game isn't something that can be coached. I'd put Anderson into the same category. They just play ....ed off, like the guys across the LOS did something unspeakable to their sisters and this play, right now, is the only chance to ever settle the score.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.