Link: Minkah Fitzpatrick Wants Clemson To See The Real Bama Defense

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Wasn't there a Clemson player that didn't get to play last year and made a statement that if he had played they would have beaten Bama? I hope he gets to play this time around, I really want to see how special he is.
It was their DB, Alexander. He is now in the NFL. He was injured (hamstring?) And barely played. His replacement was burned for several big plays in the game.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Watson's stats disagree...

(bold is better)

2015 (through 14 games):
3,699 passing yards (.681), 31 TDs passing, 1,032 rushing yards, 12 TDs rushing (43 total TDs), 4,731 total yards

2016 (through 14 games):
4,173 passing yards (.673), 38 TDs passing, 586 rushing yards, 8 TDs rushing (46 total TDs), 4,759 total yards

More total yards and more total TD's this year.
I stand corrected. He must have really had a late season surge to get those numbers, just did not seem to me like he was doing that great earlier in the season.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Will the new TURF have any effect on this game? Is it going to rain between now and game time? I can just see lots of TURF being kicked up by Watson trying to duck and dodge Bama defenders and all the RB's (both teams) trying to gain traction.

Will this TURF slow a team's speed in this game?

I personally would have preferred a DOMED stadium for this game.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Will the new TURF have any effect on this game? Is it going to rain between now and game time? I can just see lots of TURF being kicked up by Watson trying to duck and dodge Bama defenders and all the RB's (both teams) trying to gain traction.

Will this TURF slow a team's speed in this game?

I personally would have preferred a DOMED stadium for this game.
that field crew is one of the best....they know what they are doing

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
that field crew is one of the best....they know what they are doing
I sure hope you are right. Thanks for the post. Even if that new turf is 6 inches in depth, I can still see turf flying in the air as players
fight for yardage and to get open in space.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.