2016 CFP Final Gameweek Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Tuesday, January 3 practice report

Ben Davis is playing Clemson standout linebacker Ben Boulware on the scout team. Fellow inside linebacker Josh McMillon is playing Tigers linebacker Kendall Joseph, whose 102 tackles is second-most on the team behind Boulware. Xavian Marks is mimicking versatile Clemson wide receiver and punt returner Ray Ray McCloud.
Wednesday, January 4 practice report

The good news for Alabama is there was relatively little news. No new injuries, just going through a typical Tuesday practice on a Wednesday.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Coach Saban was asked if he planned to bring in a former player to emulate Deshaun Watson. He answered, "Yep."

Does anyone know who this is? Blake Sims maybe?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Coach Saban was asked if he planned to bring in a former player to emulate Deshaun Watson. He answered, "Yep."

Does anyone know who this is? Blake Sims maybe?
Last I heard Blake was signed to a practice squad - but that may have changed with the end of the season for many teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I found this quote from Saban's Wednesday presser interesting, in view of what we've learned about the UW game:

I think Jalen was a little frustrated with himself in the way he played the last game. He puts a lot of pressure on himself to prepare well. But I think it's our job as coaches to do a good job with him to help him prepare so that he feels comfortable and confident going out there and feeling like he's practiced the things that we're going to ask him to do in the game and he's done it enough that he feels confident and feels good about it. That's one thing we're going to work hard on this week, so that he goes into this game with a little better comfort zone.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I found this quote from Saban's Wednesday presser interesting, in view of what we've learned about the UW game:
in hindsight, it was pretty obvious that the qb, line and the sidelines were not in synch. it was frustrating to watch. i can only imagine how frustrating it was for players on the field.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
in hindsight, it was pretty obvious that the qb, line and the sidelines were not in synch. it was frustrating to watch. i can only imagine how frustrating it was for players on the field.
Camera actually caught Jalen shaking his head in dejection for a split second. That's how I knew it was bad.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Camera actually caught Jalen shaking his head in dejection for a split second. That's how I knew it was bad.
we saw a few plays where jalen and the rb (don't remember which) were motioning the sidelines to hurry up and pointing to the playclock. even the upstanding tide-pride ladies in our section were cussing up a blue storm during that.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
When I'm wondering why the heck they keep on calling something, it is pretty bad...I know a bit of Xs and Os but it ain't like I've even done so much as even coach middle school ball.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This is why I expect a great game from our team...they have fed off doubt for the last two years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.