Big 12 Officials for Monday

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Hope they are MUCH better than last week's Big 10 garbage

I am praying this crew can at least see some holds on our D. It has been so rare that we got a holding call this year if our guys hear the white cap say "Holding, on the offense, 10 yard penalty, repeat 3rd down" they will prolly think he is speaking in tongues or Mandarin Chinese

Last edited:

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

I am praying this crew can at least see some holds on our D. It has been so rare that we got a holding call this year if our guys hear the white cap say "Holding, on the offense, 10 yard penalty, repeat 3rd down" they will prolly think he is speaking in tongues or Mandarin Chinese
Bama players aren't held, what's wrong with you!

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

In fairness I think both teams got away with a lot of offensive holding last week. There were multiple blatant examples -- they just weren't calling it.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Big 12 officials are notorious for calling PI's and rarely anything else.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Clemson got the best draw of zebras they could have hoped for

With the playoff now in place, it is time for the ncaa to start making sure all conferences and crews call things the same way

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere

With the playoff now in place, it is time for the ncaa to start making sure all conferences and crews call things the same way
The only way I can see to do that is to put all referees under NCAA control. In a sport whose championship the NCAA doesn't even govern, that's not likely. Perhaps the Power 5 could agree to merge their separate referees into one pan-conference group, but again that seems a stretch give their differing world views on football (and refereeing) philosophy.

Maybe an exes and ohs guy can tell me: is it part of some coaches job, in game prep, to scout the referees and their tendencies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

My only advice is root for OU and against PAC 12 and ACC throughout the season. That way we avoid Big 10 and BIG 12 refs for NCG

But as my high school coach said, if you leave the game in the hands of the refs then you are flirting with disaster. Basically we needed to knock Clemson out, and we didn't.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
My only advice is root for OU and against PAC 12 and ACC throughout the season. That way we avoid Big 10 and BIG 12 refs for NCG

But as my high school coach said, if you leave the game in the hands of the refs then you are flirting with disaster. Basically we needed to knock Clemson out, and we didn't.
That's what every coach is going to tell his players while knowing that's not always the case.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
As long as Alabama is in the championship and has a ground based offense you can expect to see PAC 12 or big 12 refs in the game, whichever conference isn't represented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Yes, Alabama was the team that had THE FEWEST penalties called on opponents over the course of the year. Clemson, on the other hand, was #4 in this category.

And yet we still hear from folks who swear Bama gets preferential treatment from the refs, despite the facts. We had about 4 penalties called per game on opponents, and our pass rushers probably could have drawn a flag 10 or more times per game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.