Recruiting Thoughts 1/5/17

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I see where CB Tariq Castro-Fields is committing on Monday. He is down to us, Maryland and Penn State. Locksley is handling his recruitment now and he says he is torn on his decision. I'm not sure he is a take. Anybody know?
Update... TCF tweeted he's waiting until NSD to announce his decision.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yep, beginning to wonder if the last man in the house will be the winner. Sort of the recruiting equivalent of the last team with the ball.
Almost all of Solomon's comments over the past 2-3 weeks is we are way ahead. If a visit from Harbaugh with go-kart riding changed his mind then I will have to question his decision making process. With that said, I think the closer brings him to T-Town.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Almost all of Solomon's comments over the past 2-3 weeks is we are way ahead. If a visit from Harbaugh with go-kart riding changed his mind then I will have to question his decision making process. With that said, I think the closer brings him to T-Town.
Agree with what you say, J, and obviously hope you`re right.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
This time a year everybody thinks they are a insider or knows something nobody else knows it seems. Roll Bama Roll had their projections up last night of a few guys and both guys picking chose Georgia for Solomon their comments were he is playing both Bama and Michigan.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
This time a year everybody thinks they are a insider or knows something nobody else knows it seems. Roll Bama Roll had their projections up last night of a few guys and both guys picking chose Georgia for Solomon their comments were he is playing both Bama and Michigan.
If Kirby gets the last visit on Friday or Saturday and he does commit to Georgia, I wouldn't be of the mindset that he was playing us all this time but rather that he seems to be a very impressionable young man who likes the last thing he hears. I would be a lot more excited right now if Coach Saban was visiting Saturday night before the quite period starts on Sunday. You can go ahead and plan on Kirby being there Friday or Saturday and I don't like our odds if it plays out that way.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
If Kirby gets the last visit on Friday or Saturday and he does commit to Georgia, I wouldn't be of the mindset that he was playing us all this time but rather that he seems to be a very impressionable young man who likes the last thing he hears. I would be a lot more excited right now if Coach Saban was visiting Saturday night before the quite period starts on Sunday. You can go ahead and plan on Kirby being there Friday or Saturday and I don't like our odds if it plays out that way.
We will win with Solomon or without him. Our roster is full of very good talent all of which made sound business decisions to come play for championships at the Capstone. He'd be a nice addition and I hope he comes but the class we have right now is close to if not the top already so I prefer to sit back and watch Coach add some whipped cream and maybe a cherry on top. Everything works out in the end and that includes this latest saga.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
We will win with Solomon or without him. Our roster is full of very good talent all of which made sound business decisions to come play for championships at the Capstone. He'd be a nice addition and I hope he comes but the class we have right now is close to if not the top already so I prefer to sit back and watch Coach add some whipped cream and maybe a cherry on top. Everything works out in the end and that includes this latest saga.
Getting a defensive lineman is not a cherry on top. We are in desperate need of defensive linemen.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Getting a defensive lineman is not a cherry on top. We are in desperate need of defensive linemen.
It`s interesting to me. Arguably the premier program in college football, but it`s an absolute dog fight for these guys, even with such obvious playing time. Is it due at least in part to the fact that really good ones are not that plentiful? Don`t seem to have this issue so much at other positions.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
It`s interesting to me. Arguably the premier program in college football, but it`s an absolute dog fight for these guys, even with such obvious playing time. Is it due at least in part to the fact that really good ones are not that plentiful? Don`t seem to have this issue so much at other positions.
Everything I've heard from people that I respect regarding recruiting is that, yes, strong prospects at DT -- the ones that are good against the run and pass -- are in extremely short supply.

It's not that hard to find somebody good against one or the other. But the ability to stop the run and apply pressure on the passer andcover a lot of ground against spread teams (which is pretty much everybody today) is rare indeed.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Oh, and we will get them. But we are not in desperate need of any one recruit at this point and if we whiff on Solomon and another guy then we have a plan for it. We actually have some pretty dominant studs already on the roster so if we don't fill this year's class the way we want then I am still confident we will continue to compete in the trenches at a high level and secure a whole host of D linemen in the next recruiting cycle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.