Anthony Averett appreciation thread

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
This guy has QUIETLY become our best and most consistent CB. I have noticed teams picking on Hump more late in the year and even in the UW game. He is the unsung hero of our defense IMO. He is Mr Steady and Consistent.

I'd love to see him get a pick six against Clemson.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
One of these cropped up for Ryan Anderson before the Peach Bowl, so I approve of this topic on results-driven basis alone :D

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I'll vote for that. Agree completely this kid has grown into one our better players. Assuming he sticks around, I look forward to him getting some national recognition next year.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This guy has QUIETLY become our best and most consistent CB. I have noticed teams picking on Hump more late in the year and even in the UW game. He is the unsung hero of our defense IMO. He is Mr Steady and Consistent.

After the Maurice Smith drama, I feared he might get picked on by opposing OCs (not because AA had played poorly, but due to inexperience), but he has proven to be very solid. Maybe Maurice saw the handwriting on the wall when he decided to transfer.
AA has played in an excellent fashion and, if I was an opposing OC, I wouldn't throw at him.

Last edited:

BamaBen15

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 3, 2017
Biggest surprise of the season to me. I had kinda written him off as having an upside of a faster Deion Belue type but he has really progressed.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I would to see him get a Pick Six that also sparks the beatdown of Clemson

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I noticed that he seems to turn around and look for the ball! I don't see our DB's doing that always.
He's played really great this year! I hope he gets a shot at the next level.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
We have a lot of great players and some don't always receive the credit they deserve. We appreciate Anthony and hope he and all our players have a great game on Saturday.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

I'd love to see him get a pick six against Clemson.[/QUOTE]

Heck, I'd love to see him get four or five! Not to be greedy, but....:cool2:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It is amazing how much talent is on this team. This guy has had a fantastic season but gets overshadowed by almost everyone because of the number of great players around him. Both of these teams are loaded with talented players and coaches, and this game is shaping up as a possible classic. It should be fun to watch, even though I am hoping that we blow them out so I can relax and enjoy the moment. Perhaps AA can help by taking an interception to the house.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Guy may be shaping up to be a foundation for next year`s secondary. Sure seems to be earning it to this point.
I agree. Anthony is a fast track guy and he has put on good muscle. He can physical you at the line, then run with you and then tackle you immediately. As someone said, he has been our most consistent corner. He will be a high round draft pick in the 2018 draft.

UATank

Jan 2, 2017
Coming into the season he was not a name I was familiar with. HR has become our best DB in my opinion. Also Tony Brown had an excellent game against UW.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I ALMOST picked him as my MVP of the NCG in the 'MVP Thread'. But I didn't so he can make a 'Ryan Anderson Pick 6 of Disrespect' in this game!!

Seriously though he IS our best cover CB without question. He has been LOCKDOWN city for over two months. I would LOVE for him to cause a fumble or INT or recover either himself for a NOT in this game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.