JessN: Clemson preview: Tigers look for revenge, Tide looks for continuity

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Thanks Jess. I know you write from your head, not your heart, and I feared that you were seeing more in Clemson than I was. But I think we are in agreement: Clemson are a dangerous team that can win a close one with a very good game from Watson, and some mistakes from Hurts. Otherwise, it may not be that close.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Thank you. Extremely informative preview. I am glad to see your account that our d-line should be able to pass rush effectively. I am surprised to learn their secondary is that good. Note: you had it 5-3 bit stated 6-2.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Thank you. Extremely informative preview. I am glad to see your account that our d-line should be able to pass rush effectively. I am surprised to learn their secondary is that good. Note: you had it 5-3 bit stated 6-2.
Here's my quote from the article: "Alabama leads in five categories, Clemson in three, but the defensive back category could easily swing to Bama and give the Tide a 6-2 edge."

In other words, it's 5-3, but DB is so close I'm not going to make a scene of it if people wanted to rank it 6-2. I don't see the other two (QB, WR) being close enough at the moment that you could make the argument in favor of UA but that's why you play it on the field.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Here's my quote from the article: "Alabama leads in five categories, Clemson in three, but the defensive back category could easily swing to Bama and give the Tide a 6-2 edge."

In other words, it's 5-3, but DB is so close I'm not going to make a scene of it if people wanted to rank it 6-2. I don't see the other two (QB, WR) being close enough at the moment that you could make the argument in favor of UA but that's why you play it on the field.
Oops. I guess I read that sentence too fast. Thanks.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland

I would stay with the 5-3 given that Bama's DBs will face a tougher task against Watson and clemson WRs than clemson DBs vs Bama (not that Hurts, Ridley, and company aren't really good, just that clemson is really great at qb and WR). If Bama holds this clemson offense to 17 points then they should win, so hope you are right on that prediction.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.