News Article: CFN: Championship Game Analysis & Pick

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I like it, but now I think I will look to see what JessN says about this game.

I am becoming more and more CONFIDENT because of the Alabama Crimson Tide DEFENSE! They didn't play well in that game last year! They have something to PROVE and I believe they will PROVE it!

Here's hoping they keep Clemson outta the end zone!

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I like it, but now I think I will look to see what JessN says about this game.

I am becoming more and more CONFIDENT because of the Alabama Crimson Tide DEFENSE! They didn't play well in that game last year! They have something to PROVE and I believe they will PROVE it!

Here's hoping they keep Clemson outta the end zone!
I think there are 2 factors on the defensive side

1- As many have said, I don't know that we had Kirby's undivided attention last year. If you look at what we held opponents to against their season average Clemson had to be our worst defensive effort all year.
2- Although we don't have quite as many sacks this year, we seem to be getting there and getting pressure with 4 way more often than last year. As long as we can make Watson uncomfortable with 4 that allows us to use 1 LB (Evans) as a spy and still cover 6. We gave up a lot of yards last year to short "dump" passes that we should be able to cover a bit better with the extra man.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.