what no thread for the snowmageddon?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Had a tree fall and take out a section of the 6' privacy fence I had installed less than 2 weeks ago. Guess I'll be tracking down a chainsaw and dealing with that this weekend.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
There is ice everywhere here. The snow wasn't the problem...it is the sheets of ice that is on the roads right now. Pretty much the whole Birmingham area and even south in Shelby county is not safe right now to drive.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
"Lucked out" and only got snow here. Maybe 2 inches but the streets cleared pretty well by the evening. The temperature was below freezing before the snow hit which is better than getting rain or snow melt and then freezing temperatures.

We usually get the ice. I was able to sweep the snow off of my windshield when I left work Friday night without having to scrape ice. I parked at 4am and the snow didn't really get started till around 6am. Schools were closed. Ground is covered with snow. Most traffic issues occurred during the late morning and mid-day.

Last edited:

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Here in southern Ohio, ours started out as rain, changed to ice and then snow. We dismissed 2 hours early because of the icy roads, hills and rural area. We ended up with about 3-4 inches of snow but still went to school on Friday.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
We have maybe 15" of snow now packed down onto the roads and are getting up to a few more inches today. Then it will turn to freezing rain then rain. Roads are going to be impossible probably through tomorrow at least. May see some flooding nearby. We are getting an "atmospheric river" coming off the Pacific. They are saying up to 2 inches of rain on top of this. Not good.Going to be a big old mess. But I'm good. Bought steaks and taters today. Had already taken off Monday and Tuesday. Excited for the game. Dreading the weather.

P.S. Is server traffic really that busy today? Haven't seen this many "server busy" messages in a long time.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
same here. if you didn't then you are just irresponsible.
We could eat decent for a week and could probably last a month (if we only ate canned goods) for a month without going to a grocery store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Roads are borderline impassable in Trussville. I can't get out of my driveway. Solid layer of ice and it's steep. People all around my area are reporting ice on the roads on Waze, even I59.

My dad, being stubborn just like my papaw on his side, decided to go out to get food. Calling me asking why he's not moving on 59. As if he has to ask. :rolleyes:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
We could eat decent for a week and could probably last a month (if we only ate canned goods) for a month without going to a grocery store.

I have always kept canned goods on hand. comes from a college days and always making sure I had some form of food.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Roads are borderline impassable in Trussville. I can't get out of my driveway. Solid layer of ice and it's steep. People all around my area are reporting ice on the roads on Waze, even I59.

My dad, being stubborn just like my papaw on his side, decided to go out to get food. Calling me asking why he's not moving on 59. As if he has to ask. :rolleyes:
Did you inherit the stubborn gene?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Did you inherit the stubborn gene?
No. I was dead set on getting to Home Depot earlier today to get replacement weather stripping because I notice a draft wafting in my front door. Mrs. Dub talked me out of it. Good thing because I tried to go and get my recycling bin off the street shortly thereafter and couldn't bring it up without keeping to the grass. My driveway is nothing but black ice at the moment. If I was like my dad I'd still be trying to defrost my driveway to get my car back up it. :D

Speaking of which, here's my driveway right now:

It's hard to tell, but it's quite steep. Hope it thaws tomorrow. Already planning to salt it and get to work Monday morning.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
In looking at your new surveillance pics, I thought your front yard looked a bit steep....
Yep. In addition to that, we live up on top of a hill. We generally stay cooler than everyone else. Whatever they're reporting in my area, subtract around three degrees and you'll have them temp reported on my weather station.

The wind can be pretty crazy up here too. Neighbors lose a lot of shingles whenever it storms. We went ahead and installed metal to have done with it. :cool:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.