Not buying "we wanted Bama"

Brtraker

1st Team
Nov 5, 2000
Decatur, Ala.
All I have heard from Clemson and many of the sports pundits is how bad Clemson wanted Bama in the title game. I'm calling BS on that. Clemson wants a title and while the Clemson coaches and players puff out their chests and say the "want A rematch" I'm not buying it. They really don't. I don't fault them for saying it, what are they suppose to say "Oh Lord, we gotta play those guys again?". Down deep they skeered.....:cool:

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Y'all don't understand. I live here among them (Columbia). They think they are going to win. Heck, they still think they won last year (if you've talked to a clemson fan in the last year you know what I'm talking about). A couple of fluke/lucky plays are only reason Bama won if they are to be believed. To a man they believe that if they had played Bama again the next week clemson wins by 2 or 3 TDs.

This year they have a good team and may very well win, but they are extremely confident and they did want Bama because they truly believe Bama is overrated and that they are simply a better team.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
This year they have a good team and may very well win, but they are extremely confident and they did want Bama because they truly believe Bama is overrated and that they are simply a better team.
I look forward to watching them find out it ain't true Monday night! Surrender cobra looks good in orange.

Brtraker

1st Team
Nov 5, 2000
Decatur, Ala.
USCBAMA, I have talked the same kinda "stuff" after a rare Bama loss. I guarantee you they wish they were playing Washington or anybody other than us. They are also hoping the OC change is gonna give an edge. It might, but I don't think so.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I think any real competitor wants to get even for a loss. Any time I've lost I immediately wanted to go again. I doubt Clemson has any fear, and I'm sure they are looking forward to Monday night just like our guys are. We should see a great game between talented teams Monday night.

Last edited:

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Clemson fans think Bama is over rated? Wow. They really do not watch the Tide very often, do they?
Y'all don't understand. I live here among them (Columbia). They think they are going to win. Heck, they still think they won last year (if you've talked to a clemson fan in the last year you know what I'm talking about). A couple of fluke/lucky plays are only reason Bama won if they are to be believed. To a man they believe that if they had played Bama again the next week clemson wins by 2 or 3 TDs.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Boulware and Wilkins really wanted Michigan because they think they have the cutest butts

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I think any real competitor wants to get even for a loss. Any time I've lost I immediately wanted to go again. I doubt Clemson has any fear, and I'm sure they are looking forward to Monday night just like our guys are. We should see a great game between talented teams Monday night.
I promise you they have doubts! No way you could look at the devastation caused by our DLine over the course of this season and not wonder if you were up for the task.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You guys wanted OSU because of the loss in 2014. Why wouldn't they feel the same way about Alabama. If they win they can call last year's loss a fluke and claim that they were really the best team for the last 2 seasons, not just this one. Of course, if/when they lose, they will have to accept the opposite knowing that they might not ever make it back to this game.

Clemson isn't Alabama, and a loss will hurt them for a long time. Alabama will be back in the hunt next year no matter what happens on Monday.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I think it is sincere. I'm sure that's what everyone wants, because To be the man you have to beat the man.

Being able to handle it once you get it is a different matter. So far no one this season has been able to handle having Bama. We will see Monday night if Clemson is able to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I think it is sincere. I'm sure that's what everyone wants, because To be the man you have to beat the man.

Being able to handle it once you get it is a different matter. So far no one this season has been able to handle having Bama. We will see Monday night if Clemson is able to

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
You guys wanted OSU because of the loss in 2014. Why wouldn't they feel the same way about Alabama. If they win they can call last year's loss a fluke and claim that they were really the best team for the last 2 seasons, not just this one. Of course, if/when they lose, they will have to accept the opposite knowing that they might not ever make it back to this game.

Clemson isn't Alabama, and a loss will hurt them for a long time. Alabama will be back in the hunt next year no matter what happens on Monday.
I really don't think we wanted a rematch in 2014, they whipped us but they couldn't whip us with this years team.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
Re: Not buying "we wanted Bama"

I agree. However, it seems like the mentality of the players are the opposite of the reality of the situation. Our guys are talking about how difficult of a road this season has been, how difficult it is to maintain success, and how much they have to prove on Monday. Clemson's players keep saying they knew they would be here, how their program is going to keep reloading and stay on top, it's "their time", yada yada.

The reality is Alabama has been in the NC picture at least until the last regular season game every year since 2008 except 1 (2010), with 4 national titles. This should continue to be the case as long as CNS is coaching. We are undefeated this year and none of our games involved last minute plays or overtime.

Clemson under Dabo has been good but they have only had two championship caliber seasons. Their record this year includes a loss and late, close wins over Troy, NC State, Louisville, and Auburn.

I like our mentality and I think our men are about to make a big statement.

RTR!!!

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
If I were a Clemson fan and we had lost to Bama the year before in the Championship Game and we made it back to that game again this year - yes, I would be hoping for a rematch and expecting a win. They had some success at the end of last year's game and they think they can compete. Hats off to them for making it back. It should be a pretty good game...until the second quarter.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Exactly, which is a part of the reason they really did not want Bama. The easier path to victory would have been preferred.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Exactly, which is a part of the reason they really did not want Bama. The easier path to victory would have been preferred.
No, they really do want Alabama. They really do not understand what it is that they are asking for, though. The close game last year has them believing that they know who you are. Maybe they are right, but I don't think so. I think that this Alabama team has the best defense that I have ever seen in college football, and that this will prove out Monday night.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.