Tide Fans' Experiences in Tampa

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Count me in on this! It has truly been one of the special things in my lifetime.
Couldn't possibly agree more. I'm a CPB disciple. Believed in the man. Respected the hell out of what he did, and how he did it. Was sad when he retired, and broken hearted when he passed. Didn't think I would ever see that level of quality and character ever again. Loved Coach Stallings as well. I've read many times he was who CPB wanted to replace him. That endorsement alone was all I needed to hear to get behind him as our coach, and while he was extremely old-school (even for an old-schooler like me!), he took us back to the mountaintop. And now we have CNS.....enough said. Roll Tide!

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I'm at the international mall 2 miles from the stadium and I'm seeing 5-1 Clemson vs Bama fans. And quite frankly, that's being generous to Bama

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Clemson travels well...I lived there for 12+ years and they really support their team no matter what. Plus, they haven't had quite the expenses over the last 8 years that Bama fans have had. They are living the dream right now and loving it...

bamaltc

Scout Team
Dec 8, 2010
Florence, AL
I'm at the international mall 2 miles from the stadium and I'm seeing 5-1 Clemson vs Bama fans. And quite frankly, that's being generous to Bama
Sounds similar to other reports from around the area. Surely it won't be 5 to 1 in the stadium, that's like a Clemson home game.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
worrisome :rolleyes: I certainly am not doing my part by not being there though so glad you are there representing.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
They're outnumbering us at our lunch spot 2-1 as well. I saw similar stuff at Atlanta for the Peach Bowl, but inside the stadium we outnumbered them a lot. I'm guessing Bama fans are more accustomed to the event, and just show up at game time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My sister texted me and said the traffic was awful. Said she was in the mall while ago and - she doesn't wear garb (she's a colonel's wife so dresses the part) but had on 'red' stuff. Didn't even think about the game. Got stared at like she was a 'foreigner' by about six Clemson fans altogether.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
I'm dead serious, every single clemson fan I know is in Tampa now, most without tickets. Several even decided to drive down this morning. They are incredibly confident in a win.

MISSIN'BAMA

1st Team
Mar 31, 2000
Woodbridge, VA via Jasper, AL.
That was going to be my estimate...5-1.

Stayed in St. Petersburg, our hotel seemed about 50/50 as far as fans went. We went to the Fan Fest on Sunday and felt like I was walking around in Clemson.

Monday late morning, went down to Beach Drive to walk around and grab lunch. Clemson fans were about 3-1 to Bama fans.

Made it to the stadium around 3:30 for the game. Went to the Fan Fest (forgot the official name, it was to the side of the stadium and had food, drinks and concerts going) and it was a sea of orange. The same for the inside of the stadium....it was almost like being at Clemson Memorial Stadium, the only thing missing was Howard's Rock.

The flight from DC to Tampa and the return flight was mostly Clemson fans.

Overall for my first National Championship Game, I had a blast. Most of the Clemson fans I talked with were very friendly and respectful. But they have some cheer where they scream "Wooooo!" and it reminded me of Vol fans when they sing "Rocky Top." That really got old.....and plus, I despise orange as it is.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
That was going to be my estimate...5-1.

Stayed in St. Petersburg, our hotel seemed about 50/50 as far as fans went. We went to the Fan Fest on Sunday and felt like I was walking around in Clemson.

Monday late morning, went down to Beach Drive to walk around and grab lunch. Clemson fans were about 3-1 to Bama fans.

Made it to the stadium around 3:30 for the game. Went to the Fan Fest (forgot the official name, it was to the side of the stadium and had food, drinks and concerts going) and it was a sea of orange. The same for the inside of the stadium....it was almost like being at Clemson Memorial Stadium, the only thing missing was Howard's Rock.

The flight from DC to Tampa and the return flight was mostly Clemson fans.

Overall for my first National Championship Game, I had a blast. Most of the Clemson fans I talked with were very friendly and respectful. But they have some cheer where they scream "Wooooo!" and it reminded me of Vol fans when they sing "Rocky Top." That really got old.....and plus, I despise orange as it is.
We had a damn fine showing in the stadium though. Looked near even, maybe 55-45% their favor, but far better than last year. The Clemson fans I was near we're far better than last years.

I'm still in shock from it all, and can't quite deal with "all the feels" that will inevitably come because I'm way too busy with work right now.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
It was about a 55 / 45 split to the Orange. I was still amazed at the sprinkling of Clemson fans on the Bama side of the bowl. You didn't see that on their side of the field. For the most part they were cordial. The game day atmosphere was great. NFL stadiums are for sure different from back home. I wouldn't mind having the endzone jumbotron for the ultimate ManCave. Like Barney Stinson says in HIMYM, "I know a guy...." And the best part was, everybody acted like they had been there before, both sides of the fence. RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.